Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Hi everyone, sounds like everyone is doing good. I need to get back on the program. My blood sugar being screwed up has really messed up my food plan. Having to eat sugary food to get my blood sugar up when it falls is like a trigger for me. Have a good day everyone.

Oh Xylie, can you remind me when and how you use spirutien?

Keep on going; keep on losing!
I'm sorry,I wrote a reply,and thought I sent it earlier.And saw it's not here.So will do it again.When I do it,I do it for 3 weeks and all I have to eat is this when ever I get hungry.If I get real hungry,I add 1 to 2 cups of oatmeal for a filler and 1 Tbs of metamusel so I don't get stove up.But you can use this like bj is doing,use it for 2 meals and at night for a snack to curb your appetite.It works really well and will get the weight off.I have success every time I use it.In fact I am going on it now for 3 weeks to get me over this slump i'm in.And it tastes good and will keep you full feeling.The idea is it's low calorie and will give you a boost in losing weight.It works.Plus I feel good on it.It will curb your sweet cravings too like at church,have a big glass before you go,or take it with you.I took mine every where I went,even to dinner out at the kids house.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:33 AM

Good morning everyone....

It has been sooooo hot here..I am ready for some cool weather. Seems like all I wanted to do yesterday was lay around, which is what I did. I stayed within my calorie limit but I ate the wrong stuff. Mostly junk food and I think that is part of the reason why I did not feel like getting up and doing anything. I know it's just the heat getting to me.

But, today is another day and I will get back on track today.

Ya'll have a blessed day.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 AM

Today is my day off so I didn't drive by KKD. So I was able to avoid that temptation again. Got on the scales and it shows a 2 lb loss. Finally losing the weight I lost last month and gained back. Today is running and gunning with the kids, denist appts, school shopping, football practice, etc. I work harder on the days I am home than the days I do go to work. LOL

Karen
Old 08-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Good job Karen,stay with it.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
Good morning everyone....

It has been sooooo hot here..I am ready for some cool weather. Seems like all I wanted to do yesterday was lay around, which is what I did. I stayed within my calorie limit but I ate the wrong stuff. Mostly junk food and I think that is part of the reason why I did not feel like getting up and doing anything. I know it's just the heat getting to me.

But, today is another day and I will get back on track today.

Ya'll have a blessed day.
You been doing great.Hang in their.It's good to do a few days on,a day off.Helps keep us focused.Good luck
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
elm

No change in weight. Exercised at the fitness center including walking on the treadmill for half an hour. I will keep going, just wish I could lose more that 1 pound in a week.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM

just saw this on the board and it made me laugh hope it gives you a chuckle too

1. If walking is good, a postal worker would be immortal.
2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, only drinks water and yet is fat.
3. A rabbit runs and hops and still only lives 15-20 years.
4. A tortoise doesn't run, doesn't hop, walks extremely slow and lives to be 450!

anybody heard from irish rose? I havent seen her on here for a few days?
Old 08-17-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by elm
No change in weight. Exercised at the fitness center including walking on the treadmill for half an hour. I will keep going, just wish I could lose more that 1 pound in a week.
Hi Elm,we been watching Steve Turano on u-tube.He says we have to walk 35 miles to lose 1 pound.He's a fitness trainer.I think even if you watch a few of his video's you'd get an idea of what it takes to lose weight.Myself,I'm crippled and in pain constantly,so I am limited,but decided that I am going to 'try' to see if I can do something.If I can,great.If I can't,then I'll have to do mine with diet only by dropping calories so there is a deficit of calories burned to calories going in.That's how we lose weight.I lost 93 pounds,and don't know how I did it,except by portion control and green salads.But I decided I want it bad and will and have tried anything.Even putting 7 pounds on last week to re-start my losing.I did drop 5 pounds sense last week.But I need to drop 25 more.I am learning a lot from these free great advise I'm getting out of the vids.I learned like we all know,it's hard work,and is going to take dedication and saying no to temptations.I want chinese food so bad I can taste it.Haven't had any in over 3 yrs now.But need to pass it up,till I finish getting this fat off.Then I am going to have hubby take me out.I am sick of dieting and trying to lose weight.But sure don't want to pack it on ever again.So need to keep going.So,hang in there.I know it's tough,but you'll get better at it,and will see a drop as we go along and learn more about what we're doing.In fact 4 pounds a month is fantastic.It will stay off better too.I been at it 4 yrs now,so know what you mean.Mine is really slow coming off,about 2 1/2 lbs a month.But you see where I'm at now.93 lbs down.Because I stick with it,and keep going.It does add up/Just fight and hang in there.Your doing great.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 PM

Okay guys I am back for the time being. I will be leaving again on Saturday to go back to Nebraska. I am so in love with Cathie. We are just so good for each other.

Today I went to have a fill in my lap band. I have lost 18 more pounds!! YAY!!! I had 3cc put in my band for a total of 6cc. I can really tell that my stomach is much more restricted. I will certainly be losing wore weight with this fill! I am hoping at least.

I am a infomercial junkie and a couple weeks ago I saw the show on the "Eggies". Well, let me back up and say that I cannot peel a hard boiled egg for my life. They always end up looking like i sat on them. Eww. So, my order arrived today. I ordered two sets cause you know I just HAD to have two sets and they were free except for shipping and handling! Hehehe.

So, right now, I have water on the stove and when it starts boiling I will drop in my eggies. It says it only takes two minutes to cook the eggs. That is going to be freaking AWESOME. I can have lots of eggs with LOTS of protein now! I think when the help of my happy little plastic friends I will have a nice head of hair for at least the immediate future. :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (protein deficiancy causes hair loss)

*deep sigh*

So right now most of my world is going well. One area is not but I will save that for a post-eggie blissness convo. :)

Missy
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Welcome back Missy. we have missed you.