Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 AM

Good morning everyone! This may make no sense cause I'm struggling with my emotions right now.

I have to be at the hospital at 7 a.m. for tests but the frustrating thing is I have to be fasting. I can't even have coffee. What a bummer. I've been up since 3:30 having "sips" of clear water. I think I'm dying of thirst.

watterstide - I'm glad your surgery went well and that you are starting pt. Just listen to them and don't give them a hard time. lol

Have a good day everyone, hope to get back to you later.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by mash43quilter
Well, went to WW yesterday and only lost 1 pound. Have been bummed out about it. So, I am really trying to stay focused and make good choices.
I wish I had the mentality to get up and exerise. It is so hot here you can't do anything.
Will work on that plan next.
ONE POUND!! WHOO HOOOOO!!! Seriously! That is great, itis soooo much better then gaining a lb, and bet you lost more, but with it being so hot, you might have some added water weight. Keep up the awesome work!!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:30 AM

jeanne--by the time you read this i should be sound asleep. lol, i hope your testing goes well and all the results are meaningful. nothing worse than a test that doesn't give clear results. i hate when they say ' we don't know what it is'. good luck! i'll be thinking of you!
and yes, xylie, i do pray when i say i will. it doesn't work if we don't do it. that's my belief.
mash43quilter-- i bet the weight went on a pound at a time! i don't care if my weight comes off in pounds, tons or ounces as long as it comes off! congrats on your loss!
do they say this on tv? here the biggest winners are all losers! i'm glad i'm one!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 AM

Good morning to all.

Yesterday was a good day (stayed within my alotted calories and did my exercise) until I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner when I realized I was wofling down soda crackers and butter (which is like potatoe chips to me) telling myself "these taste so good." I was putting the whole cracker in my mouth at once, not just taking small bites. When I was about to pop the 8th one in my mouth, I looked at it and told myself "this will taste just as good tomorrow". I put it down finished cleaning the kitchen and didn't have my beloved 1/2 cup of ice cream I treat myself with each night.

Now I have to figure out why I started eating those crackers in the first place. I am an emotional eater and when things start going a little off balance, I start to eat. The day went good, no problems. Only thing I can think of that might have triggered this food binge is I booked my flight for my trip to Seattle in Oct. I am orignally from Seattle and have taken this trip many, many times so don't understand why it could be that. But anyway, I realized what I was doing and, hopefully, didnt do too much damage with my weight loss. I have only been weighing once a week and I was tempted to step on the scales this morning but was afraid that it might show a gain and that would set me off again.

My day will be good today. There are some quilts that are on display at one of our libraries and my quilt guild are meeting there, then having lunch afterwards. These ladies are alway so much fun to be with, it will brighten my day up.

Ya'll have a wonderful and blessed day.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:22 AM

Has anyone heard from Missy? She seems to be MIA, i know she came here to texas and then was going to see Kathy. I hadnt seen anything from here all week.

Jeanne.....praying all your test come out ok.

MJ How are you feeling?

Irish Rose......how are you doing?

Prayers for all who are in need and having test, recovering and illness running through your house.

I am still working on getting my living room/sewing room in order. I am putting my fabric on coroplast boards like mini bolts on a book shelf and have fabric i need to iron before putting them on the boards. My back has been flaring up so it is a slow process for me.

Keep up the hard work on losing your weight. I am still at a stand still.........may have gained due the water weight dont want to get on the scale and see.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:58 AM

Good morning everyone. Had a good day yesterday. Positive thoughts are going out to all of you that need it. I needed a pick-me-up so I went and got my hair cut and colored -I feel like a new woman. It's amazing how a change can help keep you on track. I had let my hair go for 2 yrs and it was getting pretty grey and now I feel like I look alittle younger and a whole lot better. DH loves the new look. Hope you all have a great day and stay on your plan.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:00 AM

good morning all!
The heat and humidity here in the South is making us wallflowers wilt!

I am getting lots of rest. Staying with my diet. Still wrestling with my blood sugars although taking the meds and eating light. If it is not one thing, it is another!

Good job, you losers! It feels good to be called a loser this way, doesn't it?!

Missy is definitely MIA, and I miss her!

Jeanne, My thoughts and prayers are with you right now. I hope you have good news.

Journal: I've come too far to turn back now...what have you overcome to get where you are? Don't limit your answers, use this freeform and see what obstacles you can throw off!

Motivation: I've come too far to turn back now...you have committed yourself in writing. Don't give up now. Pick yourself up off the floor, get up and move around, change your plate or your place you eat. Try something different!

Quilting: I've come too far to turn back now...add a little bit to that quilt that feels like it will take forever. Just a little bit. Now, doesn't that feel better?

Hugs,
MJ
Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 AM

good morning! yes, i'm still up!
i have signed up for a new swap. it is the new year swap for august. small group, you have a 'buddy' for the month and you exchange a quilted something. you send it out on the same day so you should receive it on the same day. it sounds fun and interesting! this past few months i've been in a boomerang swap, and just recently joined a doll quilt swap. this way i get to meet other quilters (you might have guessed i'm rather social) and i have a bit of accountability--there's a definite time limit. notice how a similar thing is going on here? altho' i don't get nearly as revealing on other threads. nor actually, do i feel as close emotionally. maybe that's a lesson in relationships. people respond to being needed, on both sides. i shall ponder this and maybe i will fall asleep from all the brain work. glad y'all are up and about and getting on with gettin' on.
i am losing weight. i am in control. it is up to me.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:37 AM

Hi All! Here are a few tips I read in my newspaper. To fight pain sniff lavender or peppermint. Peppermint can ease headache pain.

Smelling a green apple, banana or peppermint helped participants in a study to lose more weight because the scents staved off cravings.

Sniffing rosemary helps in memory retention.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Lisa
Old 08-11-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
Hi All! Here are a few tips I read in my newspaper. To fight pain sniff lavender or peppermint. Peppermint can ease headache pain.

Smelling a green apple, banana or peppermint helped participants in a study to lose more weight because the scents staved off cravings.

Sniffing rosemary helps in memory retention.

Hope this helps someone out there.

This is very interesting. I love peppermint and I really need to do some heavy sniffing of the rosemary. Sometime my short term memory is bad. We're having a dandy thunderstorm right now so I think I'll get off the computer for a little while. Be stronge and stay on track.
Lisa