Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by elm
    I know what I have to do. Unfortunately have done it several times before. I get to goal or near goal maintain for several months and then slide way back. Each year that I decide to get to a healthy weight, it comes off more slowly.
    I know it's not being careful of both what I eat and how much I eat along with periods of not enough exercise. Since May I have been getting more than a half hour of exercise a minimum of four days a week. Usually at least three days a week its not less than 90 minutes. When it is cooler, I walk a lot. Really miss that. Can't wait for the end of October. Thanks for the pep talk.
    Hang in there...your going to get there. I know what you mean about the heat....hard to get out when you wake up in the morning and it's still 80 out.
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 AM

Missy it is so good to hear from you again! We have really missed you! Congrats in the weight loss! I hope you are staying for a little while at least!
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 AM

Have any of you challenge winners ever taken a picture of your winnings? If so, I would love to see! I imagine it would be difficult as they probably straggle in all month long. Do you get as many fq as you are supposed to?
    Old 08-18-2011, 05:54 AM

I am a newbie so I missed August but i will watch carefully for sept. 1st to come...i need all the help i can get and it sounds like there is a lot of motivation and I have to get started this summers "ice cream addiction" has added to al already overweight situation..i need to get in shape to mind my 12 month old "babycakes"
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:01 AM
    elm

Still hanging in. Another day of no change. I'm still trying to see that as positive. I remind myself that I'm not gaining and I am building muscle.
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Have any of you challenge winners ever taken a picture of your winnings? If so, I would love to see! I imagine it would be difficult as they probably straggle in all month long. Do you get as many fq as you are supposed to?
    I won it January. I didn't think to take a picture but I took one this morning. I have used some so there was more.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243491.jpe  
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:21 AM

Actually Pam I have all of my FQs that I won in May in a box so when I get done with my running around I will take a picture of them and send it in! I actually do not know if I got all that I was "supposed" to get but am very happy with what I did receive! I am so excited to have them! I have been spending a few weeks (between quilting and travelling) designing a quilt out of those FQs. Still not sure what I am going to do with them though. I love the designing process but am not sure what the final result will be.

I am so happy that when I started receiving them I started putting them in a large baby wipe container. I love pulling them out and seeing all of the pretty fabric. Oh and I do not think I ever told anyone this but I LOVE LOVE LOVE pink! Guess what? Most of the FQs are pink or have lots of pink in them! How cool is that?

I hope all is well today!

OH OH OH!! The Eggies are freaking AWESOME! No more peeling...no more nasty looking eggs from my feeble attempt at peeling! Woohoo!!!

Missy

PS: Did you know that there are websites that are dedicated to reviewing the Eggies? Hehe. That makes me laugh. LOL!
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I won it January. I didn't think to take a picture but I took one this morning. I have used some so there was more.
    I love your FQ stash! I will post my picture this afternoon when I get home!

Missy
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:26 AM

I have mine sitting next to my computer table. I'll take a picture when I get home.

Which reminds me I need to send off my fat quarter to the July winner...I haven't forgotten you. I actually have it in my purse, addressed and ready to go. I just need to see how much postage I need.
    Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Well this morning got off to a good start foodwise. I ate a protein breakfast bar and snacked on some carrots on my way into work during my commute. Drove right by KKD and didn't even notice it. Of course my mind is on my daughter and her car problems. Her car broke down last night and thankfully I have a good friend that is willing to try and fix it. She leaves for Idaho in 3 weeks and needs her car to be able to get her back to college. I am worried sick that it is unfixable. But will cross that bridge when and if it comes. I am trying to to stress eat, but is hard. Especially since my husband is a hard, cold and uncaring man. He is no help at all when it comes to helping the kids with their problems. He sure didn't mind "making" those kids, but doesn't want to be the dad and help raise them. Oh well, don't mean to whine. With prayer, friends and God's help, all things are possible.

Karen