Awkward Moments

Old 07-04-2016, 11:08 PM

I was teaching a class in our new school with packing cases still in the room. The children were 8 and 9. I went and sat on a box and disappeared inside. The children recaptured the incident when they did their end of year play, as the funniest thing to happen.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:45 AM

I know I have had my share of "moments". One that comes to mind is rushing out the door to go to church when my daughter was 3 YO and insisted on dressing herself. Once we were settled in the pew I turned back to see what she was doing and lo and behold she was flashing the nuns that were sitting in the next pew behind us with no underwear on!
Old 07-05-2016, 04:13 AM

Hubby and I were in a store in a nearby town which had a pop machine. I was thirsty so I walked up to what I thought was my husband, who was intently looking at something on the counter. He didn't look up when I stood beside him, so I lightly punched him on the arm and said, "Give me 50 cents for a pop.". He looked at me then, but it wasn't my hubby! He was dressed identically to my hubby, same haircut and beard! A woman (I assume his wife) came flying over to see what was going on. I stammered an apology, found my hubby and told him we had to leave immediately. That was years ago but almost every time we pass the store, hubby asks if I want to go in and find someone to buy me a pop.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:15 AM

These are great!

Watson, your story had me laughing out loud, but Marion's almost made me wet myself. Have you ever been on an escalator again??!
Old 07-05-2016, 05:02 AM

I was on my first cruise and lounging by the pool while my husband went to get drinks. A few minutes later I felt hands on my eyes and heard "guess who"? I turned around and it was a stranger who thought I was his wife. My husband was behind him and said to the man "great line". We all had a good laugh until I saw his wife....then I was highly insulted...LOL
Old 07-05-2016, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

I did the same thing, I was half way in the car when my friend yelled out, "that's NOT my car"! I quickly got into hers and hope that the owner of the owner of the other car wasn't looking. When I use to drive, I always locked my car.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:59 AM

This didn't happen to me but to my daughter. When my GS was about 5 years old we went to a pizza restaurant for lunch. The place was crowded and the waitresses were busy. My GS wanted some more iced tea and was getting impatient when he finally stood up on the seat and called out to the waitress "more tea, please". My daughter was mortified and I couldn't stop laughing. The whole restaurant thought it was funny but not my daughter. I still tease here about that and my GS is now 31 y/o.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:22 AM

I taught school for many years. One year, on my birthday, some friends took me out for a drink after school to celebrate. I had not drunk alcohol in my younger days, but had learned to enjoy a MILD drink on occasion. Anyway, after having drunk part of my drink, I opened birthday cards. When one card fell on the floor, I leaned over to pick it up, slid out of my chair, and couldn't get up.
Of course most of the faculty knew about this the next day. So, when some of us went out to eat before a PTA meeting, two of my friends sat on each side of me and tied me in my seat with a jump rope!
Old 07-05-2016, 06:42 AM

Back in the late 60's, when cars had one key to open the door and another key for the ignition: the town I lived in had cop cars that were all white with no insignia, only the city & police printed on the trunk. I came out of a Denny's and stuck my key in the car door, opened and started to slide in when I noticed a shotgun strapped to the inside center. Big gulp, sneaky look-around, saw no cops (but had seen them at lunch), softly got out of the car, closed and locked the door and found MY car, about 3 cars farther down.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Ha, ha, ha, ha....thanks, ladies.