Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Baseball is heating up big time!! >

Baseball is heating up big time!!

Baseball is heating up big time!!

Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Power Poster

The Yankees are back in first- been sharing that spot with The Rays for a long time now. They are the best 2 teams in both leagues right now. My nice nails are probably not going to look so good as September unfolds!! And I may screw up some seams as I watch and sew!! :D:D
Baseball is my passion !!!!! ( besides quilting of course )

Have a great day, everyone!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:40 AM

I love having the game on as I sew. Of Course i gotta stay with our Minnesota Twins! My family laughs at me cause I'm a clapper. The sewing machine will be humming away and suddenly I'm clapping at a great hit or play! Looks like I could be watchng into October this year.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Power Poster

The Twins are a great team! I love the American League- nothing wrong with the National but I don't follow them- until the World Series lol
Old 09-01-2010, 04:14 AM

You guys are so lucky. I love baseball, too, but the Pirates haven't had a winning season in, oh, 18 years!! I still watch or listen to every game. I am the etenal optimist! Wait til next year!!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Power Poster

Welcome!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN
You guys are so lucky. I love baseball, too, but the Pirates haven't had a winning season in, oh, 18 years!! I still watch or listen to every game. I am the etenal optimist! Wait til next year!!
You have to be!! I am not a fair-weather fan either. While the Yankees are a good team we've had really bad years!
And I watched them every time :D
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 AM

I always like A GAME when I am watching, but I dont schedule my time with them. I, too, clap and holler, mostly holler cause I have the fabric in one hand and sewing machine in the other! I never miss the 'series', no matter who is playing. Lived in St Pete Fla once and it is the winter home(spring training) OR USE TO BE for St. Louis Cardinals. Nearby cities had other teams and they would allow us to watch the exhibition games, scouts and little league teams. Got to watch Pete Rose his first up and first strike out with Phillies, there, Spring 1979. I get too involved to be sensible. Hold me back........
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 AM

Red Sox fans here in the northeast. Looks like we will not be in any playoffs this year. Oh well! DH is more of a fan than I am.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Some of Boston's best players are injured. They still have done very well considering the injuries.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM

We have been lucky enough to get to 2 home games this year in our fantastic new outdoor stadium. My kids were raised with indoor baseball so we are all loving being outside. Let's see if I am still saying that in October(fingers crossed) when we may well have snow on the ground. I will admit I am more of a Twins fan than a baseball fan although a good game is a good game regardless of the teams.