Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bathing Suits !?!

I was in desperate need of a new bathing suit for next weekend (going to the beach for our 39th anniversary.) Looked in every store imaginable, including the sporting goods stores, and ladies, you can sympathize, getting VERY depressed. Finally found the perfect suit (and had to buy it WITHOUT trying it on) at .... Are you ready for this?...Sam's Club!!!! Who would have thunk? Fits perfectly!

Blog Entries
    Yeah goods suits are hard to find

Blog Entries
    congrats. shopping for a suit is just the hardest thing! have fun for your anniv.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I agree- nothing worse than trying to get a bathing suit!
    Happy Anniversary :)

I buy my swim suits from Land's End. They fit and they last forever. I swim several times a week, so I need a quality suit.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker52
    I was in desperate need of a new bathing suit for next weekend (going to the beach for our 39th anniversary.) Looked in every store imaginable, including the sporting goods stores, and ladies, you can sympathize, getting VERY depressed. Finally found the perfect suit (and had to buy it WITHOUT trying it on) at .... Are you ready for this?...Sam's Club!!!! Who would have thunk? Fits perfectly!
    Wow!! I've not had a suit on in 20+ years once was a small time model now a 'big' as in 'large' :lol:

Blog Entries
    I found a gorgeous black swimsuit there that fits!

Blog Entries
    I got a very nice one years ago from Eddie Bauer and many years later, when the elastic on that one died got a nice one from Costco. I have to get one a size larger because I'm long waisted, otherwise I have far more showing on top than I'd planned on baring to the world. But Eddie does have some that I love. Used to wear only two pieces till my waist wasn't what I wanted to show anymore.

The only thing worse than finding one... is having to wear one. I am thankful there are no mirrors at the beach.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I get all mine from Lands End too and they are having a great sale this week...I dont need anymore but it sure is tempting. When we vacation we are always at a beach so I have several and have had a few of them for at least 3 years and they look as new as the day I got them....

Blog Entries
    I am in my pool almmost daily if the rain isn't spoiling things. I'm a "plus size " gal, and believe it or not, I buy my suits at Walmart. I just refuse to pay $60 for a suit that I'm wearing in my backyard. Actually they hold up very well. I get at least two seasons from them. And now I am heading to the bedroom to get into one and out to the pool. Susan????????

I found my new one at CostCo - and at a great price. :)

I just downsized from 6 suits to 3. They were bought from JC Penney. I need the long torso too. I did one this year from Wal-Mart. If I get 2 or 3 years out of it, that's OK- it was $25 for both pieces (tankini).

Blog Entries
    i got mine at a bra fitting shop..they had all sorts, for all sizes.
    glad you found one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    The only thing worse than finding one... is having to wear one. I am thankful there are no mirrors at the beach.
    LOL! Agreed :roll:

I have really good luck with the ones from Lands End--I always buy from the overstock section, much cheaper and I don't care if it is not the current season.

I buy most of mine from the overstock section, as long as I can find my size, I don't care about the color. I prefer the high neck ones for swimming laps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliebelle
    I have really good luck with the ones from Lands End--I always buy from the overstock section, much cheaper and I don't care if it is not the current season.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Well, I'm disappointed with all of you, not one asked where the pictures modeling the new suit are. LOL!! :-D

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Well, I'm disappointed with all of you, not one asked where the pictures modeling the new suit are. LOL!! :-D

Jan in VA
    You have to be kidding!!!My DIL actually put one of me on Facebook. and I am sittimg down!! I look terrrible standing up in one, but sitting down!!!!!!!! I told her to get it off of there, but I don't think she did, and she likes me!!LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliebelle
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I've been around beaches and swimming pools for many years, and I've never, ever seen a bunch of people circling around one person and pointing at her saying "Just LOOK at her!! She ain't got this year's style"!!!

NEVER

I love lands end t-shirts they are light weight and fit with out being snug or tight and the bathing suits they have are great

Walmart is where I usually find my plus-size suits...they fit the best and cost the least.

I had to wear a suit a couple of weeks ago, and was nervous that it had dry rotted during the time I hadn't worn it. I long for the days when bathing suits covered most of us up. I hadn't looked at my aging parts for a while until they were exposed for everyone else to see, and it wasn't pretty.

I taught swimming for the Red Cross for 45 years. I had some pretty large "ladies" so needed a suit with a good built in bra. I couldn't afford the name brands and used five to six suits a summer, so took an old Stretch and Sew class. Wow, what a difference.

Was able to lengthen them so I wasn't pulling the back down all the time to cover the rear. Finally got pretty good at it and ended up with a business making suits for others who had fitting problems. They were very easy once I got the hang of it and because swimsuit fabric was usually 60" wide, it only took a yard or yard and a quarter. This way, I was able to buy very good fabric. We had a store here that specialized in swim fabric. My suits never cost me more than $30. I bought my bras and elastic in quanity.

Found out this past December that I was being "forced" to go to Hawaii in March (just a little bit of funny there)...anyway, try, just try, to find a decent swim suit in Minnesota in Dec., Jan., or March.

But, I went into my favorite shopping place, Kohls', and there they were, just hanging on the walls...First two fit great!!! Sometimes, life just works :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast