Been there - done that -

Old 07-15-2018, 08:53 AM

I made chainmaille armor, After some time I developed allergies to the building process. I can still do it for short durations. but I don't really miss it. But glad I can still wear ( and repair) it. Easier that ripping out knitting.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:01 PM

Hey, Sandra. Since sitting to quilt now is so painful, I do not enjoy it anymore. I have given my quilts away, all but 4, and am just reading. Gardening was a wonderful activity, but that is out also. Reading is all I have left, since I can't paint any more due to a crippled hand from open heart surgery when the nurses did not realize my hand was too tightly wrapped and killed the nerves in my dominant hand! I try to stay busy, but standing to cook is beyond my ability now. I persevere.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
Hey, Sandra. Since sitting to quilt now is so painful, I do not enjoy it anymore. I have given my quilts away, all but 4, and am just reading. Gardening was a wonderful activity, but that is out also. Reading is all I have left, since I can't paint any more due to a crippled hand from open heart surgery when the nurses did not realize my hand was too tightly wrapped and killed the nerves in my dominant hand! I try to stay busy, but standing to cook is beyond my ability now. I persevere.
I am so sorry for your losses.