Best E-Reader

Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 AM

I'm not sure where you bought your Nook at but if you have a Barnes and Noble around; take it in and they'll help you. Most things like that have fix and the stores are awesome for customer support. I have 3 Nooks now and love them all. I started out with the Nook 3G, love it then I got the Nook Color and I've had a few issues with it but the store took care of it right away so that's great and now I have the Nook Tablet HD+; I went with it instead of my second runner up which was the Galaxy OneNote and IPad was never in the running because I'm against companies who try to force you to only get their products, I've had two iPhones and had nothing but trouble with them both and because you can't expand the memory because they don't take SD cards and also the price was a big factor. One of the main reasons I chose Nook over the Galaxy was the price. I got a 32 G with extended warranty for less than half of a 16G Galaxy and it does the same except the Nook has no camera, that's not an issue because I have a phone and a camera that takes pictures. Nook gives free classes on all of its devices, has lots of free books and apps, supports more formats than the others. I bought a movie from B n N and downloaded it on my tablet and it played great. I work in a hospital so Netflix and Hulu aren't allowed because it ties up the system when video streaming so to be able to put the movie on it is great. I can read in any light condition without any issues. With the tablet you also get to get the freebees from Google Play, etc. I'm 100% happy with my Nook and the customer service that I get. I just spent over an hour in the store with a rep asking questions and trouble shooting things, she was running back and forth talking to the expert (who was tied up then) but during the whole time she never once acted frustrated or anything. My color is out of warranty but this week I'm taking it in to get it reformatted because it doesn't want to download correctly and it'll cost nothing, I love this feature. I'm sure there is a fix for you Nook so just ask.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 AM

I had a Kindle Keyboard that I adored but it quit last summer. Glenn got me the Kindlefire 8.9 for Christmas and I LOVE it! It is a little bit of a pain to read in bright sun but other than that it's everything I could ask for. I recently had a problem and th unit wouldn't charge. Called Amazon and when their diagnostics wouldn't work they sent a brand new unit in 2 days.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 AM

I love reading on the Kindle Paperwhite. It is easy on the eyes in all lighting situations. It doesn't doe lots of web surfing but for just reading it is perfect.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:37 AM

I have a Kindle Touch and just love it.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 AM
BCM

I have a kindle with the keyboard at the bottom. I use it only for downloading and reading books. Amazon reps have been pleasant to work with.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:53 AM

I have had my Kindle almost 4 years and I love it. I looked at some of the newer Kindles but when you get to fancy they weigh more. I might go up to the one that is backlit so I could read without much light. I read this one everywhere with no glare. I read so much more with the Kindle. My library is in a group that allows you to check out ebooks. I only buy books I can't find in the library.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
Which e-reader is best for reading outside. I just did one of those questionaires & for my uses they recommended the Nook with backlight. That is the one I have & I totally hate that thing. It's 6 months old & freezes up all the time. Inside I only have to tap the screen 3-5 times to advance to next page (totally unacceptable). Some times it goes back 5 pages. Outside I've tapped the page as many as 30 times before I give up & close it off. It never advances. Then an hour later I open it again & it opens up at the beginning. I do keep it fully charged. I think I'll just go back to paperbacks, less fustrating. LOL.
I have both the old Kindle reader and the new Fire. I like to read outside and use the older one for that and the Fire when I travel so I can do email and check things out. I highly recommend the Kindle family of e-readers!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:07 AM

I have a Kindle Keyboard. An older model. Not only can I read outside, at the beach too, but it converts text to speech.
So it reads to me. The new ones don't. Love mine. Just saying......
Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 AM

I have the older kindle with the key board, love it, got hubby and BF a paper white they both like there's, then I got the kindle fire, love it!! I love my kindles!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
I completely agree with Otis, I love mine and have had no problems.
DITTO! Mine was a gift 3 yrs ago.