Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie >
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

• The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 AM

LOL! Very frank and funny Linda! I too feel your angst. No matter what light I check my chin in, there always seems to be one or two whiskers that get away from me and grow long enough to wave in the breeze. I feel like that kindergarten song "There was an old man named Michael Finnigan, he grew whiskers on his chinnigan..." And what is this strange happening with no more hairs on the legs? Do our bodies switch focus and put all their efforts into facial sprouts?

Of course it could be worse. Drew Carey had a comedy routine about his hair thinning and said his hair was leaving his head and marching down to his a**, planting pimples along the way. :hunf: :lol:
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:25 AM

Ok I am chiming in here. I wax regularly and at first it does hurt but the more often you do it the less it hurts, and (here is the best part) the more you do it the less your hair grows back. My thought (don't know for sure) as you pull those buggers out by the root some of the roots don't reproduce. If you have sensitive skin, like I do, put a light bit of baby powder on before you wax. The wax still sticks to the hair but not your skin. I have had a hair dresser rip the skin right off my eye lids while waxing. (That is not good.) You will end up smooth for a long time and reduce your regrowth with each application. I have never had any luck with the honey like waxes that require you put paper over top. Good luck
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Linda, this is so hilarious!!
    My sister had the identical thing happen as you did with her son. He told her she had "the most disgusting hair coming out of her chin"!!!
    We still laugh about it. He was a teenager then and they were in church. She thought he was leaning over to say something profoundly religious hahahaha
    Susan: I could use that boy around here to tell a few friends hahaha
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:31 AM

The reason you do not have to shave your legs and armpits is because you have to use that time to take care of the facial hair.
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by lillybeck
    The reason you do not have to shave your legs and armpits is because you have to use that time to take care of the facial hair.
    Lily beck.. I think they are spending way too much time on female shaving commercials then - on the wrong items..

BTW... tomorrow's piece is all about hair colour..:)
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 AM

Only one or two. I went to electrolysis several years ago and that did not help due to other female problems and hirtuism. I now have to shave, otherwise it will take up the better part of my day. It might be disappearing off my legs, but it went north to my face. Oh well, what you gotta do to look presentable.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:05 AM

..."My grandmother used to have two chin hairs that grew for months that she would never pluck until Christmas. Sometimes at dinner I would have a hard time concentrating on small talk as I could not help watching the progress of those two black hairs. They had a mind of their own and would swirl this way or that depending on the kitchen temperature."

TOO funny! It reminded me of that commercial where the stain on the guy's shirt was screaming and the other man couldn't keep his eyes off it. As for me, I pluck chin hairs every day and think my recent hot flashes kickstarted the mustashe department because I'm starting to grow a Fu-Manchu now.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
    Only one or two. I went to electrolysis several years ago and that did not help due to other female problems and hirtuism. I now have to shave, otherwise it will take up the better part of my day. It might be disappearing off my legs, but it went north to my face. Oh well, what you gotta do to look presentable.
    Why did it leave our legs??
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
    ..."My grandmother used to have two chin hairs that grew for months that she would never pluck until Christmas. Sometimes at dinner I would have a hard time concentrating on small talk as I could not help watching the progress of those two black hairs. They had a mind of their own and would swirl this way or that depending on the kitchen temperature."

TOO funny! It reminded me of that commercial where the stain on the guy's shirt was screaming and the other man couldn't keep his eyes off it. As for me, I pluck chin hairs every day and think my recent hot flashes kickstarted the mustashe department because I'm starting to grow a Fu-Manchu now.

A lady who had not worked at the bank for a very long time came back and her chin hair had multiplied. The whole time I could lay my eyes off her..:)
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
    I don't know if this would help you but they have something called an R.E.M Spring. It takes awhile to get used to using but works for me. Google remspring to see how it works. Much faster than tweezing.
    I will have to look into that.. the plucking makes me feel like I am on top of things hahaha