Best View in the Country

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Recently the county plowed the road past our ranch. Sorry to say they took our our mail box also. We live so far out in the hills we only get mail twice a week and since it was -30 below on mail day I didnt go right out to get the mail. Two days later I decided that I better go get it. There was the mail box in the ditch. I had to climb over the hard snow berm that the county had left and then I was in snow up to my rear. I had to lean over the mail box to retrieve the mail sack and then figure out how to get back over the berm to the pickup. Since I was in snow up to my rear this was no easy thing to do. I finally had to fall on the berm and wiggle my rear to get some traction. I finally was able to slide over the berm and landed in a very graceful position with my rear in the air. It was the best view in the country but thank heavens no one was driving by or I would have never heard the end of it. :oops:
Old 02-15-2011, 01:59 PM

I hope the mail was worth it!!

I didn't know there were places that didn't get daily mail delivery. I love the way the board teaches me about other areas.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:09 PM

This has been some winter, hasn't it. I think we have gotten mail most days, but several days we didn't get our morning paper. I am glad you were able to retrieve your mail and keep a little of your dignity.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:20 PM

Why didn't anyone get a picture for you to post? That's what I was expecting! :lol:
Old 02-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Country livin', ain't it the best! I have to go to the post office in town for my mail. Sometimes my box is so full I have to shred my mail to get it out of the box. No super highways in my area either. Glad you didn't get stuck in the snow bank! Ha!!

Rose in rural Nebraska
Old 02-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Oh My :shock: :lol:
I am happy to hear that you were able to get your mail and not get hurt doing it :D:D:D