Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beware!!!!! Check your Prescriptions!!!!!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    WE found that out as Hubs brought home a script and it was the wrong pill totally !!!! They took it back and could not apologize enough ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    The grocery store pharmacy near my house lost my business after they 'accidently' filled my prescription for diabetes medicine with pills that were only half strength. I figured it out two days later when my blood sugar sky rocketed! When I called to tell them, they told me I must have done it! Transferred all of my prescriptions to the local Walgreens and no more problems, but I still check each and every one before I leave the pharmacy counter!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Yes, do check....one month, the pharmacy at the major big grocery store...claimed I didn't have a refill order from Dr.....Dr's office said I did...consequently, I was without meds for my blood pressure until I had a Dr' s visit a month later and explained it to her. Haven't had problems since. The personnel there used to have a hateful sneer when I visited at the pharmacy. They used to leave an impression that they were so very superior....lately, they have been more professional.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgrl View Post
    I picked up a simple prescription and they gave me a blood thinner, lucky I caught it, they apolizied but I changed pharmacy, One time Picked up a liquid for my baby and the dosage wasn't what they Dr had told me ,I called the Dr. and he said that amount would have killed her, all I got from the pharmacist was a simple oops, I"m sorry, You have to be dilligent. Another thing is that print on the bottle is so small I have trouble reading it, I'm sure the elderly can't read it, I've complained but to no avail
    THe doctor will put on the prescription refills for one year, but when they are pain meds, they always say 0, because who's to say that the bottle is stolen or something with four refills. Someone has a nice stash there. So the druggist just calls the drs. office, gets the ok or already has the ok, but still marks it 0. That's how my husband's pain pills were taken care of, and they generally go by date also, in that you cannot refill until that 0 matches with the time for the refill. Like I said yesterday - you have to be your own advocate and you have to watch everything like the proverbial hawk. I did and I caught the lulu!!!! Coulda killed him. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    Many, many years ago I picked up a prescription for my Dad, and in a hurry to get the meds to him did not notice until I got home that the prescription label had someone else's name on the bottle. I immediately returned to the pharmacy and showed it to them, and the lady who worked there, said "Oh, I guess I just put the wrong meds in the wrong bottle!" I knew the answer because I knew her personally, but ask her anyway if she was the pharmacist and she said no, then I asked her and the pharmacist why she was filling the bottles and not him, well she helped. I was furious and told him, I expected him to be the one filling meds and not his help, who was not qualified - I just received a glaring look. We immediately changed pharmacies. Thank goodness I only take thyroid meds, but DH takes several meds. I always check labels for names and med name and what the pills look like before leaving the counter, and often call him to be sure what the name of the med is if I'm not sure, and if it is a new med. He is deathly allergic to penicillin and I have so many drug allergies. One can just not be too careful when it come to meds. When I rarely have to get a new prescription for myself I always check for ingredients- I have a rare for most allergy to ibuprophin and I check all meds and over the counter drug for that.

Blog Entries
    I believe I would have taken it to a different pharmacy in the chain and suggested that they do an audit - it should trigger an audit anyway.
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

My ex would always check the pills and count them.One time I got the wrong pills. If he had not checked them I would have had been in the hospital. There always busy and in a hurry so after that I check if its a refill I know what it looks like so I open it and check before I leave the counter. They hate me lol

Blog Entries
    Some people believe that because they are a professional that they are perfect! I always encourage my patients to question things or medications if they sense they are wrong - we are all human, we all make mistakes. We all have bad days, anyone that says different is kidding themselves. Most pharmacies have techs that fill the medications and then the pharmacist checks them. As a registered nurse, I really don't have anyone checking behind me, so having patients question procedures or medications is a welcome second check on bad days.

The other day I went to the orthopedic doctor for an injection - it was a new medication for me, so I was asking the tech questions about it before the doctor came in, well it was the wrong injection that he had for me. Thankfully I asked, not that it would have killed me, but not the plan we had put in place.

Bottom line - never be afraid to question anything! If someone is offended by the question, run don't walk out. Many a person have had wrong operations because they didn't verify what was going to happen.

My daughter is a nurse and she said to tell my Dr. that I want to bring my own meds. to the hospital.She said that you would not believe the mistakes they make.I'ts also a lot cheaper.

I always check mine when I get them!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

My last refill for one of my prescriptions was only for a month and not 3 months. I fretted about how to solve this because I didn't check the bottle for a few days. My pharmacy at my clinic didn't blink an eye and they corrected it. It was for my thyroid meds.

Connie

My pharmacy has some thing new all the time. Hate that! the people are very nice if you can talk to them. We have to read the no. off the bottle and press the no. in on the phone, no live person to talk to. When we are done we can stay on the line if we want to talk to some one in the store. But most of the time you sit and wait and all of a sudden you get the busy single. So the last time I went for I found my script was run out and had to see the Dr. to re -order it. Then went back to get it filled out. What should have been a nice ride for DH, myself, & Captin the dog, took for ever.

Many, many years ago, I had a sinus infection and the first prescription did not totally clear it up. I called the pharmacy and ordered a refill, (which I was entitled to) picked it up and went back home. The next morning I opened the bottle and the pills were a different color, so I called the pharmacy. They had given me someone else's medicine, which was for birth control. They quickly called the other lady; all I can say is "I hope she didn't get pregnant!!"

I was a home health RN in the 1980's, When I saw a new patient the first thing I always did was check medication bottles with the doctor's med orders. Mistakes happen. I have found digitalis pills substituted for thyroid medication. Always check.
    margee

I always check my meds - usually if the manufacturer changes - the pharmacist will notify you or they will stick a giant sticker on the bottle to notify you - also you can go online at pill identifier and put in all the marks, pill shape, color, etc and it will tell you what it is and the mg. My solution is - I go to the same pharmacy every month - I have only used two pharmacies in the last 20 years - they know me and if I have problems I can clear them up quickly. Just like my bank and credit cards - I don't change those either - we all know each other and our habits if something goes wrong we all know it instantly.

Yes by all means check your prescriptions. My husband picked up what was supposed to be his heart meds and before he swallowed one, I noticed there was a lady's name on the bottle. When I took it back the pharmacist said "Oh, it must have been a little error." I asked if they were going to call the lady and he said that she would probably bring his bottle back. I went home, looked her up in the phone book and called and left her a message to return it.

Blog Entries
    I always check before I leave the pharmacy. I have to have the real thyroid meds, not the synthetic and once in a while the doc forgets to check the box that says don't substitute. Well, once you leave the pharmacy with it, they are yours. I had to pay for my next one because as far as the insurance was concerned they'd already paid. Now i can always tell because generic is 5 and the real thing is up to 20, but if the generic doesn't work there's no since in paying for it. My bottles tell me the color, size and how to take so I always check it out.
    Judy

My scripts come pre-packaged 30 day supply. Each tablet is in it's own pocket that you push out, with the day of the week above the dose and each row is listed 1-4 for each week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2