The Big Move

Old 09-16-2011, 03:39 AM

I spent several months living in MO with daughter while recovering from heart attack/stroke....while there my other kids packed up all my belongings and put in storage facility....came back to Ga in Feb and moved into small apt which was stressful even though I had a lot of strong help. Finally got settled, got sewing area set up and things levelled out.

EXCEPT I have black mold growing abundantly in my apt, long story on that one, but awesome landlord is moving me to another apt Oct 1, it is being renovated, new tile, carpet,cabinets, paint,just everything to make it fresh and new, besides I don't have to pay Oct rent AND he is paying someone to move me......

NOW,the apt is actually in the same bldg I'm in, just on the other side, but still, it is a move. I've been stressed just thinking about having to get it moved....have folks lined up to move me but still I'm stressed because I'll have to coordinate everything....

I too am too old for this also. In my mind the entire month of Oct will be taken up with moving,arranging and not sewing....trying to look on bright side that all will be new and clean, no mold and it will make me get my sewing "room" organized.....thanks for listening to me whine...!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 AM

I found the toaster, but still need the iron, pots and pans, 1/2 of the computer cord (the part that plugs into the wall) so my computer stays charged, sony card, paintstiks. These items have gone AWOL. I have to find them by Monday. It's too cold to spend much time out in the garage until tomorrow. I don't drink, but this might call for a double shot of bourbon. To keep me warm of course.