Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Birdy Sewing Buddy

  1. #1
    Super Member Becky Crafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,560
    This is he who makes me fight for space to cut fabric. He's always trying to help, but he's best at making little things out of big ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    He is adorable!

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,345
    He is lauging at you, can you see? :-)
    Wonderful bird...

  4. #4
    Super Member sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    playing with fabric in Louisiana
    Posts
    3,376
    What a great companion! Hope he has lots of 'big things' to play with!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    561
    Beautiful bird, he does look like he's smiling

  6. #6
    Super Member hperttula123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,439
    You have a great sewing buddy!!!

  7. #7
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Gorgeous Cockatoo! Looks just like my moms! Only hers is a girl. They didn't know it until she actually laid an egg. But she is a real sweetheart. I suspect some day she will come to live with me as they have such long lifespans and she is currently only about 15 years old.

  8. #8
    Super Member Becky Crafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,560
    He's my constant companion inside & always interested in whatever I do. He's lived with us for over 20 yrs & will go to our youngest daughter when it's time. He's very spoiled & although he loves toys, he loves to play catch with his people most. We have to be careful what we give him because he has excellent aim!! Don't even dare think of ignoring him! LOL! DH has gotten wet corn cobs side the head & we've dodged those big wooden balls wrapped in rope.

  9. #9
    Super Member scowlkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,531
    Blog Entries
    11
    Love him. We have a Dusky Conure, Monk Parakeet and Lovebird (lutino) right now. We lost out beloved Pacific Parrotlet, Sam, last spring. He was 17. We have debated whether to get a goffin or African grey, but noone in our family understands our passion for our birds. Since we wouldn't have anyone to pass them on to, we have opted for the smaller parrots. How wonderful that your daughter loves your bird and wants him. A lot of people don't know what a joy they are and how playful. It's like having a perpetual toddler, isn't it!

  10. #10
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    What a beautiful bird :D:D:D

  11. #11
    Super Member wanderingcreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,706
    Gorgeous bird!

  12. #12
    Super Member needles3thread's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,367
    I l-o-v-e your bird.

  13. #13
    Super Member Becky Crafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by scowlkat
    Love him. We have a Dusky Conure, Monk Parakeet and Lovebird (lutino) right now. We lost out beloved Pacific Parrotlet, Sam, last spring. He was 17. We have debated whether to get a goffin or African grey, but noone in our family understands our passion for our birds. Since we wouldn't have anyone to pass them on to, we have opted for the smaller parrots. How wonderful that your daughter loves your bird and wants him. A lot of people don't know what a joy they are and how playful. It's like having a perpetual toddler, isn't it!
    Ah, yes. Some parents think 1 year of the terrible twos are bad. Our home had a wall that the bird had put an Oreo Teether Toy through in a fit of rage when he found out it was nothing but plastic! He was actually hopping up & down on top of his cage making the whole cage bounce up & down off the floor. I tossed out the oreo toy immediately. LOL!!

  14. #14
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,341
    I have a girl bird that you can have I just have to convince my husband that it is a great idea maybe I can fold her up in some fabric and no one will no and I can get a stuffed bird...

  15. #15
    Super Member Becky Crafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    I have a girl bird that you can have I just have to convince my husband that it is a great idea maybe I can fold her up in some fabric and no one will no and I can get a stuffed bird...
    LOL! Used to raise parakeets & cockatiels. When sold home traveled with 4 birds. Cockatoo, B&G macaw, Greenwing macaw & blue crowned conure. Greenwing went into first season started dangerous mayhem inside the motorhome, B&G rehomed. Greenwing became eggbound & died at Vets & conure got outside & was lost. My cockatoo likes being an only bird. He's pampered & spoiled rotton. My feathered kid. No more females. I miss my baby to this day. She was my comic relief & a real heart full.

  16. #16
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,341
    Oh so sorry she is gone. gracie is a one person bird only loves my husband unless she is hungry the she pretends to like me she is an african grey with the yellow crown. Very loud. My son keeps asking to get rid of her to get mackaw. (he is 5 cracks me up I believe the macaw is louder :) I am not sure if you saw the first shrek where the girl sings and blows up the bird my son keeps telling me if I sing that song then gracie will blow up and we can get another bird.

  17. #17
    Super Member Midwestmary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    1,021
    Blog Entries
    11
    I have a red-factor canary who sings to me while I sew. We enjoy our Tweety!

  18. #18
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,481
    I think you should put him on your Avatar, with his favorite sewing notion.

  19. #19
    Super Member Becky Crafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    Oh so sorry she is gone. gracie is a one person bird only loves my husband unless she is hungry the she pretends to like me she is an african grey with the yellow crown. Very loud. My son keeps asking to get rid of her to get mackaw. (he is 5 cracks me up I believe the macaw is louder :) I am not sure if you saw the first shrek where the girl sings and blows up the bird my son keeps telling me if I sing that song then gracie will blow up and we can get another bird.
    LOL! My husband has always wanted an African Grey. Yes, macaws can be very loud. So can cockatoos. Every once in a while I threaten to buy a birdy muzzle. LOL!! He talks so much that we can't have a conversation or hear tv. He's scared to death of anything that flies (even houseflies) & he will deafen us in the motorhome if we don't kill it & get it out of here. That jungle scream reverberates in here.

  20. #20
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Oh yes I am very familiar with the cockatoo scream. Charlie (my moms) has one that sounds like she is saying "I'm a wreck, I'm a wreck, I'm a wreck" then after screeching that she says "baaaad bird, baaad bird". She is so funny but yes that screech can be ear peircing. She does it mostly when she wants attention. But a sweeter and more loving bird you will never know. Loves to be held and snuggles her head into your shoulder and lifts up her wing so you put your hand under it and hug her. Here is her picture taken in my mom's backyard in Vegas.

    Charlie
    Name:  Attachment-158698.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  27.0 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.