Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To blog or not to blog?? (Can't believe I said that - blushing) >

To blog or not to blog?? (Can't believe I said that - blushing)

To blog or not to blog?? (Can't believe I said that - blushing)

Old 08-23-2016, 03:40 AM

Do a blog if you want to. You can always stop if it's not successful or if you're not enjoying it. Write about what interests you. Write when you want to or when you have something to say. Nothing says you have to write daily. Give yourself some time. You'll get better as you go along and will be able to tell by the responses when you write about things your readers are interested in. Most of all, have fun with it. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2016, 05:00 AM

Sharing info, personal or otherwise, with total strangers, sight unseen, is scary to me.... Had a "diary" in high school...as did many of my school friends...burned it after graduation......can't destroy a blog...out there forever......if I'm doing something different, I have a notebook for reference......pics w/ phone....just my way.....
Old 08-23-2016, 07:56 PM

Another 1 to check out is Jo's Country Junction. She covers many topics. Daily life of farm wife, child care, quilter, recipes, house remodel. It's interesting & familiar.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 AM

I don't subscribe to any blogs, as I don't really have the time to do everything already on my plate. The blogs I come across while I'm surfing usually have to do with some project I am currently doing.....like refinishing hardwood floors, or re-doing a bathroom, or see a quilt I like. What makes me stay on the blog is pictures of before/after, progress along the way, tips on what worked or what to avoid, instructions with pictures. Humor is nice, with a positive, not negative vibe. I leave a blog quickly if it has pop-ups, or doesn't have the above.