blue bunny

Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 PM

He's not ugly, he's cute!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 PM

He was cute in the first pic. His expression looked kinda like he's thinking "Why can't I have another cookie?"
Then he shows up with cloths. Got to admit, I had a good laugh. Now he must be thinking, "I'm so cool!"
Old 08-19-2012, 05:30 PM

thanks to you all for your comments and sweet remarks. They are appreciated. I'm sure my woman-child likes her bunny. She is comfortable being arund me, and I am glad for that. Like that my blue bunny was enjoyed.

Hugs and God Bless All.

Vickey
Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 PM

His name should be Charlie.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 PM

He has a lovely face and looks very huggable. Your kindness will I’m sure be repaid many times over. It’s alway nice to see that there are still people with kind hearts. Thanks for sharing your blue bunnie photo and experience. It’s better than a bowl of chocolate Blue Bunny ice cream.

He is 31.5” tall standing with his ears down, yes? I wish he was knitted, since I know how to knit, but not crochet. What did you use for stuffing? Thanks.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:26 PM

He is so cute with clothes. I tried that pattern, but my bunny did not look the same. Nothing I crochet comes out looking like the pattern. My daughter loves them anyway.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:18 PM

It is funny you said what you did about knitting. I printed out the free pattern without looking at it or reading the directions. I bought the 'pound of love' yarn that the blue bunny required. I never looked at the instructions or picture real close up. Then I found out he was crocheted, which fortunately I do know how to do. In actuality, I thought somehow I'd be knitting him up, and to my surprise found it not the case. I used poly-fill stuff for him. He was a mess to put together. I like him best with clothes. Thanks for the reply. Go to search and type out POUND OF LOVE blue bunny...think it is free on ravelry and maybe a crochet friend will make one up for you.

As to needles3thread...charlie would be a good name, but left it up to the 'woman-child getting him to decide what to call him. So glad to know so many liked him. Thank you all for your wonderful response.

I have something i just read about I'd like to share. 2 mothers were speaking about their children, and how one, despite all the love poured into 'him' went in all the wrong directions, before turning around and being all she had hoped for. The other woman said, it is because for reasons unknown to us as mothers, sometimes the vessel becomes cracked and must be healed, or all the love will just keep leaking out. I thought that was pretty profound. This was in a book I both do and do not like, but find myself pulled to finish, as it so reflects what many lifes consist of, and makes the reader stop and think on life and themselves. IT IS FICTIONAL! I hate the book and love the book, so maybe it is doing what the author intended it to do. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM Anyway I thought the thing about the 'vessel' was pretty profound and in need of sharing.

Thanks again for the replies. Hope you also enjoyed the posted story of THE DOLL. I make and give away dolls to VERY sick kids. 115 so far. Pictues out there if you ever want to see some of the dolls.

VICKEY STAMPS

Originally Posted by MattieMae
He has a lovely face and looks very huggable. Your kindness will I’m sure be repaid many times over. It’s alway nice to see that there are still people with kind hearts. Thanks for sharing your blue bunnie photo and experience. It’s better than a bowl of chocolate Blue Bunny ice cream.

He is 31.5” tall standing with his ears down, yes? I wish he was knitted, since I know how to knit, but not crochet. What did you use for stuffing? Thanks.

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 08-19-2012 at 09:24 PM.