? about 'Pintrest'

Old 08-18-2012, 11:40 AM

Default ? about 'Pintrest'

Has anyone here gone to the 'Pintest' site? If so How do you, if you see something you Like get the Directions to 'Do' it? As far as I can tell All you can Do on the site is 'Look' wish you could find a way how it was done! I've 'like' things buts that not what I want I want to Learn 'How'!! HELP
Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 AM

There are two types of "pins" on Pinterest. You as a user can upload your own images, or you can pin a photo from a website. If you're pinning from a website then all someone has to do is click on the photo on your board to go to the website where you found the photo to pin. So, if you find a recipe on my pin boards you like, then all you have to do is click on the image to go to the website I found it at. Sometimes these websites include instructions and sometimes they don't. Hope that made sense!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:05 PM

As a visitor to Pinterest you click on a picture you like, which takes you to a larger version of the same picture. If you click on this picture you will go to the original website, which is where the instructions are. Each picture is called a "pin." Some pins have no instructions, they are just things people like or are for sale. If you want to save the "pins" to your own board you have to join Pinterest. You join by going to Pinterest home page and asking for an invite. You'll get an invite in your email. Then you can join and created "boards," which are groups of pictures. If you click on the "like" button that just puts it on your Facebook page. Nothing happens if you don't have a Facebook page.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:36 PM

You can also join Pinterest by having someone you know that already has a Pinterest account invite you. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to get an email from Pinterest, so it is probably faster to have a friend send you the invite.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM

I love Pinterest but for me that can become as addictive as this board is I can look at that for hours! Everyone's responses are current I've posted for example pictures of my own boxer to a board I created for dog photos, others such as recipes you click on the picture and it should take you to the actual instructions for preparing the dish
Old 08-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Oh yes, pinterest is very addictive! Been spending too much time there and not much here. I got to get back into the quilting!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:28 PM

If you want an invitation to join, contact me.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Pinterest is an affliction to my senses. It pulls me right in and the world passes me by. It is my little vacation from life.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:39 AM

I quit using pintrest when they started talking about lawsuits for people posting things that belonged to others. If it is published it should be able to be used. It is just not worth the time to try to figure what you can and cannot do there.