Pintrest - addiction

Old 09-15-2013, 06:10 AM

Default Pintrest - addiction

Since finding Pintrest I have become addicted. I created a file in my Photo Library for quilting ideas. When I find a picture of a quilted quilt that has special attributes that sometimes give me pause to wonder what should I do in this spot, I look at those pictures and will often say "here's something that might work" To do this, create your file folder on your computer. Click on the quilt picture you want to save for reference. Right click, then chose save as and put it in the folder. I've saved so many pictures I'm going back to that file and make sub folders/ pieced, applique, large spaces, animals and faces etc. I can choose slide show to view those pictures and often just a break and looking at other quilts is all I need to break that "what do I do here?" moment. Sort of like going to a quilt show whenever you want.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:30 AM

OMG I just LOVE Pinterest too and of course pin quilts as I see them come up, but I never thought of having sub-categories there. So you have all these "files" as different boards on Pinterest or in your pics library on your computer? I think I should organize mine too LoL.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:34 AM

Another Pinterest addict here. I resisted for quite a while then my kids finally talked me into getting on board. Don't know if that was a good idea or not cause it sure does consume a lot of my time. But, like you, I've gotten some really good ideas.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:37 AM

Haven't gone there yet, but who knows as winter sets in
Old 09-15-2013, 06:46 AM

Oh yes, I am totally addicted to Pinterest and find it a wonderful way to relax at the end of the day. What with Pinterest and the Quiltingboard I am beginning to wonder how I can find time to quilt! It is amazing how many people have not heard of Pinterest over here (Europe) but I confess to doing my bit to spread the word.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:47 AM

I love Pinterest too! I've gotten a lot of quilt inspiration from there & so many recipes! I either use my Pinterest boards or screen shot them & make photo files in my iPad. I screen shot more recipes that way I don't have to have Internet to access them. That sound similar to what you do on your computer. I made a chevron baby quilt from a tutorial I found on Pinterest. Turned out great- lots of great quilts there.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:00 AM

I'm "into" Pinterest as well; love the quilts, recipes and re-purposed porjects. When Photobucket changed their name and I lost the photos I had posted there, I thought I had lost all photos of the work I had done. Several months later, I happened to come across a picture of one of my quilts posted on Pinterest! Someone had posted a picture of the quilt before Photobucket shut down. I had made I Spy quilts for each of my grandaugthers and had hung the quilt on the apple tree out in our yard to photograph it. So I knew that photo was of my quilt. What a surprise and what a treat that someone liked the quilt that much!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:07 AM

I absolutely love Pinterest. I have lots of "folders" on there and "follow" lots of other quilters. I usually look at Pinterest before I go to bed - it really relaxes me and I go to bed thinking of all of the beautiful quilts. I even have one board named "Quilts I will never make" - meaning, these quilts are so spectacular that my skills would never be good enough to make one like them.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

I too love Pinterest. So many interesting things to discover, so many talented people. Wonderful way to spend a lazy afternoon or evening
Old 09-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
I even have one board named "Quilts I will never make" - meaning, these quilts are so spectacular that my skills would never be good enough to make one like them.
I have one of those too.