Board Outages

Old 04-27-2011, 06:42 AM

Reply to okiepastor -- I always hate to upgrade my firefox.. seems like it always manages to change some of my settings, etc. Sometimes I wish they'd just leave things alone for awhile -- is my gray hair showing??
Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by grocifer
Reply to okiepastor -- I always hate to upgrade my firefox.. seems like it always manages to change some of my settings, etc. Sometimes I wish they'd just leave things alone for awhile -- is my gray hair showing??
MINE is silver! :lol:
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 AM

Thank you !! I had a brief problem, but refreshed & all better :-D
Old 04-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

ok. time to lock this episode.

Members experiencing technical issues should use established procedures and submit requests for technical support through appropriate channels. Plastering them all over the board will not get the information to the place in which it's needed most - which is in the hands of the technicians who work very hard to make us happy and to keep us happy. They have many skills and talents, i'm sure. However, they can't read our minds. They cannot fix problems they don't know about. And they cannot spend their days pouring through every topic and comment of every board they support in search of problems and complaints.

When you have a problem, go straight to the source. Provide detailed facts about the problem. Provide as much information as possible about the problem itself and about the equipment and software you use. The more useful information they have to work with, the more likely it will be that a solution can be executed on their end, or recommended to you for execution on your end.

Problems encountered while surfing the board should be reported along with at least the following information:

1. Describe the event or problem in detail.
2. Provide technical information about the computer you were using when the event occurred. (brand, model, age, how much memory does it have, processor speed, etc.)
3. Which operating system are you running? Which version?
4. Which internet browing software do you use? (i.e. MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
5. What is the URL of the page(s) you had this issue on?
6. What time(s) and date(s) did this issue occur approximately?

Are you among the very few who want the emailed topic digests but are not receiving them?

the problems with the emails have been mostly solved. at this point, the remaining problems have been found to be caused most often by faulty settings in members' email programs. in some cases, it's been discovered that members were somehow unsubscribed from the email list.

for those who no longer seem to be receiving the emailed digests (topic lists), the steps to follow, in order, are:

1. thoroughly check all email program settings to ensure that emails from @quiltingboard.com are not blocked. it might also be necessary to specify it on a safe list.

2. repeat those steps for the domain quiltedparadise.com

3. once more through the settings to ensure that all email from @lifestyle.ebemail.com are let through.

4. look in spam/junk folders to see if old digests are lurking there.

5. if necessary, contact the tech support folks from your email provider to get help going through all the steps.

6. if you've done all of that and are not getting the emails, send a report and request for technical support. provide as much information as possible about your email address, your internet service provider, your email provider, and the software you use to receive and manage your email.

Requests for technical assistance are properly reported using one of the following options:

1. Send a private message to the Admin account. This is the least efficient option since a technician with access to that account must be logged into the board in order to receive and process the requests.

2. Send the report by email to [email protected]
This is a slightly more efficient option because the report will go directly to the technicians. However, keep in mind that it will get in line with the many dozens of emails submitted each day to that eddress. Once read, if the message relates to something that requires my attention instead of technical support, it gets routed to me. I also receive in excess of 100 messages per day. On a great day, we can process, address and respond right away to everything that needs a response. On a normal day, it might take a while. So, please be patient.

3. Send the report to me by emailing [email protected]

I do as much as i'm able to fix a problem or provide useful advice. I forward the rest to the technical team.

For all matters that do not constitute tech assistance/support issues, you can either send me a private message or send me an email addressed to [email protected]