Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cisco-website warning???

I've been reading the Quilter's Message Board for 2 years and have never encountered this:
    When I click on this website, I get a warning from "Cisco" (???) saying this site may contain viruses, phising scams, etc.
    Then it asks me if I want to continue or leave.

Anyone else experience this?

Also, I clicked on past message board sites-same thing happens, whereas it has never contained this warning.

I'm confused!

I haven't gotten any of those messages yet.

I clicked on ones where they pop up a warning and then try to start scanning your computer for viruses. I close it real quick and run my own virus scan.

Yes, I haven't had any trouble for years on this board and the last three days the quilting board message they send every morning, my Trend Micro is not wanting me to open it. I better talk to Patrice or someone.

Suzy

I have norton and set it up so it won't let them open but there is always one that will slip by I would say don't open them

Patrice??

those scanning for virus thingys you should not click on the x to close it. You should open your task manager and end task... Thats how you get the virus from clicking the x to close it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey
    those scanning for virus thingys you should not click on the x to close it. You should open your task manager and end task... Thats how you get the virus from clicking the x to close it.
    Thank you so much for this tip. It never occurred to me.

I haven't had any of those messages yet.

OK I'm ignorant. Where is the task manager?

Blog Entries
    I got a popup from AVG a few minutes ago but I don't know which website it was for. I had a few different ones open and it wasn't when I was actively surfing or clicking or anything.

I just got the same message from my Trend. It said dangerous page do not open. It was the email that comes daily from the quilting board. When I typed in quiltingboard.com I didn't have any problem. What's going on??????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherriequilts
    OK I'm ignorant. Where is the task manager?
    I don't know, either, and am anxiously awaiting a reply.

You click control/alt/delete all at the same time and it bring up your task manager. This will show you what programs are running. You can then close any programs you want that are running. Most of the time if you close the program running it will take you off the internet. The best way is to just delete the email that is giving you the warning and then type the address yourself.

Blog Entries
    With windows 7 you can just right click on your taskbar and click on start task manager to open it. If you do the ctrl/alt/del with win7 a screen comes up with several different options, one of which is the task manager.

They must have gotten black listed incorrectly, probably since the newsletter sends so many emails. We had this happen to us at a previous job I had. Usually the web manager can work it out, hopefully they are able to!! I haven't seen anything yet, but I am sure it is annoying.

Rachel

With Vista you can just right click under the time, down in the right hand corner of the screen, and a menu will come up with Task Manager in it.

I haven't received any warnings yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    With Vista you can just right click under the time, down in the right hand corner of the screen, and a menu will come up with Task Manager in it.
    You can also do that with windows 7

THank you, all. I ran a complete computer scan ( not problems reported) and used task master to close this message board.

I'm glad I can open it by typing in the URL myself. If not, I'd miss you guys and all your helpful information. Your tips and tutes are teaching me so much in this wonderful world of quilting. Your quilts inspire me!! THANK YOU!

Sorry, I should have said for windows XP use control/alt/delete and that will bring up the task manager.

EXACTLY!!! That's how I got a virus once. My husband is a computer pro and he was NOT pleased that I fell for that. But who would have known that closing the box could start the download? You can also simply reboot and it will clear the pop up. Just don't go anywhere near the box.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    Thank-you for this hint...I didn't have the Cisco warning pop up on my screen, but when I clicked under the clock the task manager it did show the cisco website warning, so I closed it as suggested, and will continue to each time I come to this site...hopefully someone will figure out what is going on.

For the past 2 days, I haven't been able to access the site through my email link. I get the same warning from my Trend Micro security saying the website is dangerous, may install malware, phishing, scamming, etc. I opened the software to allow the site with no results. I can only access the message board by typing in the address.

Yes, that works for me.
    However, how do I access Quilter Board Messages from the home page??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast