Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am so tired of these!!!!!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Severe storms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want some of this!!!!!!!!
    Name:  Attachment-189163.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  33.6 KB

so that I can be like this!!!
    Name:  Attachment-189166.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  30.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Me too!!! Enough is enough!

I think we have it bad and than I hear from my sister and her house on Devils Lake in ND is slowly being eaten by the lake it is raising. However, that said I don't like the wind and rain and lightening scares me to death. :(

Yup. Husband just showed me Weather.com's 'coming attractions' for us the next several hours.

We have the sun out here today, I'd send it if I could.

Blog Entries
    Sitting here in Madison county Illinois and I think maybe all we are getting tonight is rain. It has been windy, hail and lots of lightening and thunder. St. louis got hit bad the other night. I hope this is all done when we head home.

CA is back and forth with cold rainy storms and hot, i just want a season, pick one, I don't like freezing raining one day, and the next day 100 degrees, and I have put my baby in winter wear for summer weather, very annoying. If its gonna be cold, be cold, or if its gonna be hot, be hot make up your mind weather

Blog Entries
    We will have this thru Wednesday, have a break Thursday and Friday then storms on Saturday.

We had about 5 minutes of SUN today.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Come on over to my house. The last day we had rain was August 4, 2010. I kid you not.

Big grass fire just north of the prison today. Burned 4 miles wide by 18 miles long. Caused lots of "tank batteries" to explode. A tank battery is a group of storage tanks that oil being pumped flows into. Yup, this is BIG oil country & nothing is safe from a grass fire. Could have been prevented if they had shut off the flow before the fire got there. So sad about all that crude oil up in smoke! The flowing oil continued to burn until the fire went past & they could get in there to shut it off.

I see dry concrete to write on down there in Kentucky.
    I'm still waiting to see dry up here. Yes, supposed to be nice and warm this Thursday and Friday and I can't wait!
    Love your art.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstitches
    I see dry concrete to write on down there in Kentucky.
    I'm still waiting to see dry up here. Yes, supposed to be nice and warm this Thursday and Friday and I can't wait!
    Love your art.
    Only that section was dry. Everything else is sloppily wet. We can walk on the grass with out sinking in. We had a bad storm pop up this afternoon and it soaked us then it stopped raining but about midnight tonight we will get hit again. We have been averaging about 4 or more storms a day for the 4 days. 2 1/2 more to go then a break. YEA!!!

OK, so here's a little Aussie sun for you all, and a pretty flower to help cheer you all up.

Sun through our gum tree
    Name:  Attachment-189175.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  72.4 KB

My yellow pansy
    Name:  Attachment-189176.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  57.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Thank you Lindyline. I am smiling now!!

Blog Entries
    Lindy,
    your pictures really cheered me up too! Thank you for that beauty.

Blog Entries
    Lindy, I loved your picture, looks like spring should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Severe storms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too cute. I know alot of you have experienced terrible storms, Im so sorry. Hope every stays safe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    I think we have it bad and than I hear from my sister and her house on Devils Lake in ND is slowly being eaten by the lake it is raising. However, that said I don't like the wind and rain and lightening scares me to death. :(
    My DH and I think of Devils Lake often. We were allowed to go on a mission trip to the rez there and worked on houses. We repaired 27 houses that week. It was such a blessing for us. Tell your sister she is in our prayers.

I hear you loud and clear we finally got some rain not a whole lot today and it was a nice slow gentle soak in kind which we really needed. I am so thankful for the rain, I do understand about the storms etc been in those shoes too. My prayers go out to all of those who have suffered, lost homes etc during the storms. Patti Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Come on over to my house. The last day we had rain was August 4, 2010. I kid you not.

Big grass fire just north of the prison today. Burned 4 miles wide by 18 miles long. Caused lots of "tank batteries" to explode. A tank battery is a group of storage tanks that oil being pumped flows into. Yup, this is BIG oil country & nothing is safe from a grass fire. Could have been prevented if they had shut off the flow before the fire got there. So sad about all that crude oil up in smoke! The flowing oil continued to burn until the fire went past & they could get in there to shut it off.

The news said the storms would be here tommorrow. I'll have to wait out the tornado warnings in my husbands shop, its in the underground side of our walkout basement/garage. The problem is my sewing room is up stairs!

I agree... I am soooo tired of being shaken by the thunder during the night.

It actually ran over our driveway today and washed gravel down our riprap...which wouldn't be too bad but our riprap hill is over 3 feet high. The culvert looked like a firehose, it's 24" wide and couldn't go any faster...that is why the water rose and ended up over our road.

Come on sunshine!

We have had over 8 inches of rain since Thursday. I feel so blessed and lucky that the worst of the rain and weather has stayed to the south and east of us. I volunteer at our local food bank and it was quite the challenge to load the trailers and trucks while it was pouring down rain. We do have an awning that helps but then the lightning started. We had to have people back into the warehouse because the forklifts couldn't get traction outside on the asphalt and then the lightning complicated things. The last people we loaded came prepared with tarps and nets but heard that the road they needed to travel had been closed due to high water. I wonder how Noah felt?

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    My daughter also has a home on Devils Lake and they have lost about 50 feet of shoreline. The lake has risen about 3 feet in the past 3 years. The lake size has increased from about 10,000 acres to over 100,000 acres. Many families have lost their entire farms and homes. It is such a disaster. Luckily, our daughter's home is still high enough. But, the town of Devils Lake is surrounded by a dike that must be over 20 feet high, and if it ever gives out, no one in that town has a chance. Still no one thinks that there needs to be an outlet to release some of that water. A disaster just waiting to happen. Thanks for letting me vent.

Blog Entries
    I am south of you CJ and this is what I woke up to Wednesday, from Tuesdays storms.
    A short 11 months ago we had to deal with this same problem on the other side of the house. That time took out our power and a good chunck of roof. This wasn't as bad, but a Much bigger tree.

Got sooo lucky, the 3 trunks split and went around the garage.
    Name:  Attachment-189199.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  58.5 KB

Jungle Gym any one?
    Name:  Attachment-189202.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  79.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I was so excited today as it was our second full day in a row of total sunshine.
    We've been it seems like weeks of 3 or more days rain, storms, totally overcast, dreary, followed by one tease day of sun, followed by yet more of the gloom.

And we're due, yet again tomorrow, at least 2 more days in a row of rain. Sigh.

Discouraging. :cry:
    And then I read all your stories.......how blessed I am just to be a bit wet and grumpy.:oops:

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    CloverPatch you are very lucky it missed you home and that you all are safe.
    I love the new jungle gym tho. When I was a kid I would have been it quickly. :-)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast