Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Bone scan , has anyone ever had one? >

Bone scan , has anyone ever had one?

Bone scan , has anyone ever had one?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the update...nothing like enforced relaxing is there! Hope all goes well for Thursday...at least you should have a good idea of what's going on and start any treatment if needed. All the best from the land of Aus.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 PM

I never had a bone scan but I had a bone density scan (don't know if that's the same thing). I was laying there on the table and the woman was doing the scan when she said, "Oh, you have a belly button ring." I thought, "No I don't. WHAT IS SHE SEEING INSIDE ME??"

Then I realized that it was the gromet for the strings in the waistband of my sweatpants.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Good news !!!

Nothing major was found actually the bone scan came back negative. He suspects it is disc related anyways. The anti inflammatory medicine he has me on is working. I am not totally pain free but it has helped at least 75%. He wants me to continue my stretching exercises before I get out of bed. And walk around with my tummy sucked in...LOL it is suppose to help the back muscles. I go back in two months for a check up.

He also said if it gets worse, he can inject the disc area and if that doesn't work an MRI is next. But from his exam today he really doesn't think that will be necessary.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM

Hey LaPine. I am sorry to hear about your hip. Are you going to The Center? They have great doctors there.

I was having pain in my hip and shoulder. They told me it was bursitis. It will be cronic and there is not much they can do for it except anti-inflamatory meds. It comes and goes and is a real pain.

I hope that they can fix your problem without too much fuse.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
Hey LaPine. I am sorry to hear about your hip. Are you going to The Center? They have great doctors there.

I was having pain in my hip and shoulder. They told me it was bursitis. It will be cronic and there is not much they can do for it except anti-inflamatory meds. It comes and goes and is a real pain.

I hope that they can fix your problem without too much fuse.
Yeah that is where I go. What a beautiful building too. The staff is great.