Bone Spurs

Old 08-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Buy some Skecher sneakers. I don't have spurs, but everybody that I have talked to that have them say that they are life savers.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:45 PM

I have them in both heels. Tripped and landed hard on left foot, broke a piece off. Thought that I had broken my foot. Doctor told me to get a shoe with a cantilevered heel( shaped like a horseshoe on the bottom of the heel),purchase two pairs and wear them 24/7.The only time to take them off would be shower & bed. But he added " if you buy two keep one to wear only in bed" :shock: I thought he was kidding ! He wasn't , skeptical but gave it a go. By the third day I was able to walk normal. I did wear them to bed, it took some getting used to, but it does work,something about keeping your foot at a specific angle while sleeping. Took Ibuprofin for pain & swelling, by three weeks the pain was gone. I can now wear regular shoes and can walk very slowly and carefully barefoot. Try it you will be surprised!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM

I have two on my right foot. One on the outside of the heel and one on the inside. Plus I have a hole in the island? The doctor explained that is where all the bones for your toes come together. Anyway my foot HURT, for 8 months and then I finally got health insurance and went to see the doctor. She gave me a cortisone shot - WHICH TOTALLY HURT for 3 days but then the pain stopped. She recommended surgery, cortisone shots, or a splint to sleep in & physical therapy. Since I am a BIG chicken I opted for physical therapy. That did really help. I still have pain occasionally. Like yesterday I was on our boat - I usually kick my shoes off, pilot the boat barefoot, and walk around barefoot, even when docking the boat. So, today my foot hurts - I know better but want my feet to look tan and not have a line on them LOL. I am still vain.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 AM

I had them so bad at one time, I could barely walk. Had injection in the area and got orthotics for my shoes. Haven't had a problem since. I try to remember to stretch the muscle by pulling my toes up toward my knee every day....Of coarse if the spur is somewhere else, that wouldn't help!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:51 AM

one of the things the physical therapist told me was when I am sitting at the computer to stretch out my foot - I don't know if I can describe it but think about standing on your tiptoes, then stretch the heel backwards and just sit in that position while you surf...