Bored puppies

Old 06-09-2011, 04:58 AM

lol...I tell everyone having labs is like having perpetual 3 yr olds in the house! Wouldn't trade them for anything...most days of the week.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sandraa
Our two labs love lizards too. They tear apart the barbque wood stack that's about 4 ft high. It's hard to believe they can move some of those large pieces of wood.
We have a scrap wood pile and there holes underneath them. They will drap huge pieces of wood off the pile. ??? :-)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:20 AM

Had one like that. An absolutely beautiful Doberman, huge and powerful, who was, to put it mildly, dim witted. Sweet and obedient, in her efforts to protect her family she killed 1. an extremely rare tree that DH planted in the dog yard, 2. DS's expensive mountain bike's back wheel, 3. a box of shingles DH had put in the dog yard to cover the play house that was in the dog yard, 4. well, you get the idea. Anything that was put in the dog yard and she was not introduced to (honest! I kid you not) and told was a good boy, she destroyed with her powerful teeth.
On the other hand, in the house she was a darling and well behaved, very willing to kill and eat anything that dropped from the dinner table, even though she wasn't allowed past the door way, but kept watch, just in case!!! Dear Hilda, how we miss her.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM

there just is nothing like a lab. (sung to "there is nothing like a dame" from South Pacific)! gotta love them
Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 AM

When we got rosey, she would always put her paws on the counter to see what you were doing or what you had in your hands, so for the first month or so, I am leaning down for her to sniff and see! Boy how we love our "kids"

When we were building our shed, rosey took off with a box of nails and destroyed the box. Kept wondering where those nails were and found them later buried in dirt.

Rosey also hides kibble around the house. Are you seeing a pattern? Rosey is the trouble maker. I have tons of rosey stories! haha.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by eastermarie
Mike was trying to be helpful so you wouldn't get scared if the lizzard ran over your foot.
Yep, that's exactly what he was thinking. LOL
Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM

my two "girls" are too funny, also. If (when) I yell "sh--" in the kitchen,both come running as they know I've dropped something edible. If I yell that anywhere else in the house? they could be deaf for all they care.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 PM

If we go away our lab eats used dixie cups out of the garbage in the bathroom. I mean she will eat all of them that are there. So, we put a gate up to keep out of there while we are gone.

I guess that is our punishment for leaving her alone.

They are a joy though!