Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
British television at the moment -- is great -- >

British television at the moment -- is great --

British television at the moment -- is great --

Old 09-17-2014, 06:21 PM

A streamed Netflix series that we have enjoyed this summer was Royal Pains. Will be watching for the last season to be streamed.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Yes, I have read them, from the library first and then had to go get my own set. I started to re-read them recently and remembered that they were working on a movie/series and when I checked, the series was starting in two weeks! This series is faithful to the original books because the author is very involved with the shooting, so much so that she even did a cameo in the series.
The one good thing about having memory problems from a stroke, is you can read a book a second time, and it is a new story each time. Count your blessings.
I read them many years ago. I understand about re-reading things. I have memory loss from anesthesia from my many surgeries. I have re read so many books lol.And you are right I count it as a good thing. Same with series I am watching on Netflix. Watched some a couple of years ago and rewatching now and can't remember what happened so it like seeing them again. I plan on going back and re reading her books again.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Diannia View Post
The Paradise and Mr. Selfridges are both great shows as well.
I loved both of those series also even more than Downton Abbey. Also loved Lark Rise To Candlelford. Sad that is over.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:28 AM

I have Netflix so will be checking out some of these suggestions. I love British TV.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
Can hardly wait for Downton Abbey -- what a great series!

Same here, I watched all 4 seasons on DVD a few months ago. It is such a great show.

I was reading somewhere that Kim K. said she would love to have a part on the show and her husband has "approached" Lady Edith about it. If by some insane reason they do this....I will quit watching it. :P
Old 09-21-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Same here, I watched all 4 seasons on DVD a few months ago. It is such a great show.

I was reading somewhere that Kim K. said she would love to have a part on the show and her husband has "approached" Lady Edith about it. If by some insane reason they do this....I will quit watching it. :P
Oh, dear lord, I hope they have the good sense to turn her down! That would just be absurd.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:51 AM

posted by Chasing Hawk ---- Same here, I watched all 4 seasons on DVD a few months ago. It is such a great show.

Oh my goodness -- NO, NO, NOOOO !! NO WAY - PLEASE.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lafpeaches View Post
I love British detective show: Lovejoy, Frost, Inspector Morris, Lewis, Midsomer Murders, Pie in the Sky, Scott and Bailey, New Tricks, DC Banks, anything Agatha Christy. Doc Martin. I signed up for an online service called Acorn TV wbich has a lot of these. We cancelled cable because too expensive so watch alot of Netflix, youtube, and acorn Tv. I do miss news shows but listen to talk radio when in my sewing room.
About acorn tv, if pay monthly do you then have to pay for episodes? The reason is after reading here I watched the first episode of "vera" and loved it. But, all additional episodes on amazon cost 8.99 an episode!!!!!!! Netflix doesn't have and YouTube videos have been deactivated.