Broken left shoulder !

Old 02-25-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJRustic View Post
I can feel for you. I fell at the nursing home that I have my Mom at in jan. I shattered the elbow. Had surgery 2 wks ago. Went to doc on Mon & I have to wear the sling for 3 more weeks & then he will decide when I will have as he called radical therapy. I can't even pick up a small coffee cup. He put in a titanium elbow. It hurts like there is no tomorrow. I have not been able to do a blessed thing. I am so bummed over this. We just retired 3 yrs ago, built the log home of our dreams, then Mom had a stroke , moved her in with us as we were finishing up the log home. Then she needs hip replacement this yr. Had that done, in nursing home for rehab, she has a stroke & alot of other blood problems. Life has been down hill since I retired. Now this with my elbow. Have the sewing room i have always dreamed of. Hubbie also got me 10 alpacas for our 50th anniver. We shear them for the wool for my quilts. Then one week ago today our neighbors 5 big dogs came over & killed all 12 of my beautiful animals. we had babies. Talk about life's problems. I can hardly wait for 2012 to be over with. I just wanted to sit here in my lovely primitive log home on 60 acres & quilt my heart out . Hang in there. I think you will be back to sewing before I will.
I am so sorry about your elbow and your mom's health issues. Also wanted to send my sympathy over your alpacas. They are such lovely animals. Hang in there and follow the doc's orders. They do know best when it is this type of issue. ~ Chris
Old 02-27-2012, 02:26 AM

sorry about your injury! shoulders are a bear, but do everything the pt says! and don't try to skip pt, you will never be better if you do!! i've had 3 rotator cuff surgeries and it isn't easy, but push thru and do it! hope you heal well and early! best of luck!!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 AM

As with any injury, listen to your doctor...over what is suggested on this forum. I know that you're just looking for guidance, but please listen to what your health care provider says. For sure it will take time to heal. Be patient.