Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Brother SE270D NEEDLE THREADER - NEED ASSIST >

Brother SE270D NEEDLE THREADER - NEED ASSIST

Brother SE270D NEEDLE THREADER - NEED ASSIST

Old 06-12-2011, 11:56 AM

Yesterday I accidentally left my presser foot down while reinserting the cassette. The threader mechanism that runs on the rail, which holds the thread on the way to the needle, popped off the rail.

I am hoping someone who owns a SE270D can take a moment with me either on video chat, or a pic image of the thing just before it reaches the needle so I can see the correct orientation to put the metal piece back into the plastic piece that rides between the rails on the wire.

It was dangling from it and the plastic was sideways, so I pulled it off to keep the wire from breaking, now I can't determine how to reinsert the pin.

I'm trying to finish my quilts for Kids Project and this makes it impossible to sew. I am unable to thread the machine properly without that mechanism doing its thing.

I look forward to chatting with someone soon, please forward this to someone else if they may be able to assist. Thanks for reading. Please reply to me via email.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:08 PM

I believe I'm going to need a tech, as I tried and tried and almost had it back in but it wouldn't move properly, so I removed it again... I was given a ref to someone at Kens who might be able to assist. I am keeping my fingers crossed. So consider this thread dead before I got it going, a pix isn't gonna help now. Thx anyhow... if you had this happen to you, let me know your solution please. When the cassette is inserted, this piece sits up inside the clear window.