Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Building ____________ with DH >

Building ____________ with DH

Building ____________ with DH

Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM

my DH and I built a garage for our first house years ago. I loved the sense of accomplishments, but my DH would get neighbor men to come over "just for one thing" and just about finish the job.
We helped build our house we live in now. But we did small jobs together, and some things alone!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM

My husband and I have always worked together on our house projects...We reroofed our house in Texas, wallpapered, refinished floors, installed kitchen cabinets in our house in New York, laid laminate flooring, installed a hardwood kitchen counter etc. here in our house in York. I take the lead in artistic projects, and he is boss of the more utilitarian jobs. We have enjoyed working together for 47 years.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 PM

My DH and I have an agreement. He does his projects, and I do mine. As long as we stick to the agreement, we will be together for ever! He insists on doing things his way, and I want to do them my way.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM

We make a great team, I wash the clothes, he gets them dirty, I cook the food, he eats it, I clean the house, he messes it up, I have open heart surgery, he is by my side praying every minute. True love after 45 years.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:35 PM

We bought a "fixer-upper" about 25 yrs. ago. It was pretty bad, but my husband and I really enjoy working together. He is 70+ and I am a little under 70. Right now, we are repainting the outside of our house. It takes a little longer to get things done, but we have torn down and put up fences, but in new walls, etc. We do cement/brick work together. But, I don't like heights, so he did the roof himself. Last year, we tore my bathroom out to the studs and put in everything new. We work together pretty well. If he gets too bossy, I yell and go in the house. He usually tells me he is sorry and we go back to working on our project together again.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:10 AM

My DH and I do just about everything together ( even after 46 plus years) Right now we are restoring Dorothy to her original condition. Dorothy is a 1911 Singer Treasle sewing machine model 66. Her cabinet is comin up great and then the bae is next.Having a hard time locating the belts as my computer runs slow and then gets to acting up. But Dorothy is our pride and joy as we work on it together.