Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Bunny Slippers....New Glasses....Lace Up Boots >

Bunny Slippers....New Glasses....Lace Up Boots

Bunny Slippers....New Glasses....Lace Up Boots

Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 AM

I made a whole wardrobe for the AG doll Santa brought my GD in WA. Borrowed a doll from a girl at church who was 'outgrowing' hers for a model. It was so much fun!! I still have my Ideal doll from the early '50s. Her name was Melissa, and coincidentally the same as my first daughter, born in 1967. LOL
If you think AG's are pricey, check out the dolls made by my next door neighbor. http://bonniesbundlesdolls.com/ But they are gorgeous, and bought just as often by/for "mature women" as for the kiddoes. Anybody can make a "rag doll," but these are extraordinary. As with anything, value is relative to quality and to how badly you want it. Bonnie's Bundles are worth every penny, and so are the American Girl Dolls!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 AM

Jasmine, your outfits are wonderful, by the way!!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:15 PM

very cute . What a lucky girl to have a grandma that does this. The dolls are bueatiful in their clothes you make. I still have cabbage patch dolls and patterns and clothes I made for them. I don't think anyone outgrows dolls so sure go for it. Alot of adults collect dolls. The collections I see causes me to drool, LOL.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:35 AM

i have 8 or 9 of the dolls, including a boy. i found beautiful dolls at toys r us for around $25. they are called journey dolls. beautifully made, pretty faces. my gd is 10 months, and my daughter is 25, neither one is interested in them. the little 4 yr old next door always asks me to bring one out. i love making the clothes and collecting the activity sets. they can go camping in their own tent, have a cook out, ride horseback ( 2 horses), etc. i get a little carried away, but i love it! i hope my gd feels the same way someday.