Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Butterfly Eye Rice Bags

Butterfly Eye Rice Bags

Thought I would share my latest project...Actually I've been making several different shapes to soothe various joints of the aging body. LOL Also took Holy Socks for some of them and used acrylic washes to make my own fabric designs. Had to make several before settling on this size...some have the round edge and others are squared off. Feel free to copy, change, use or pass along as you wish. So long as you don't copyright it and charge for the pattern it's totally ok with me...I prefer my eye bag frozen but my husband uses his to keep the oil ducts under his eyelids flowing. He has had very serious problems with them being clogged creating cysts that had to be lanced and drained. Instructions are inside the pattern. Hope you find it useful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    What a great idea! Thanks for the pattern and instructions.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the pattern and the instructions.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IshtarsMom View Post
    ... my husband uses his to keep the oil ducts under his eyelids flowing. He has had very serious problems with them being clogged creating cysts that had to be lanced and drained. Instructions are inside the pattern. Hope you find it useful.
    thanks so much for sharing this pattern. i suffer from blepharitis, too. i usually use a damp washcloth heated in the microwave, but it cools off too fast. this is a great solution
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    sorry, forgot to say that you did a great job on these.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Thanks for the pattern and instructions! If I ever get in a sewing mood again, I'll try to make some of these. You did a great job!

Power Poster
    very cute and thanks for sharing pattern have made tons of corn bags over the years so great for aching body!!!
    QUILTNMO

I like your eye rice bags thanks for the tutorial I feel for your husband I know all to well what that is like when I was going through menopause I was always at the drs. if not on my eye lids I got them around my hair line on the back of my head DR. said it was hormonal changes UGH! but now 6 yrs later nothing so far so good

Thank you for sharing this!
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Terrific pattern! Thanks for sharing.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Thanks for sharing. I think I will make one and send it to my sis in Texas. She uses ice packs in the morning to get rid of the bags caused by allergies.

Blog Entries
    Cute! Thank you sooo much!

Was thinking about Sleepless in Seattle where she says..."I lead a small life"...so it is I that is thankful to share a little something that would be helpful...made my day...

Blog Entries
    AWESOME thanks for sharing. I will have to try one of these I have allergic shiners all the time from my allergies and asthma and I don't smoke either, that makes them worse.
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005 Singer 242

What a grear idea, I will be making these, Letty

I've made these, a little difference in the shape. Spasms of my eyelids prompted my making them. Cold is my preference, it numbs the nerve endings! Works like a charm! Keep one in the refrigerator!

Thanks for sharing. Will definitely make these for migraine relief.

A doctor told me to put Johnson Baby Shampoo on a warm, wet washcloth and gently scrub the base of my eyelashes to help keep them open. Your husband might ask his doctor about this.

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

Power Poster
    Thanks for sharing...

My daughter-in- law just said she wanted one for the earaches she gets from gritting her teeth...Wish I had known or thought about something like this when my kids were little and had earaches. I think maybe cutting the pattern in half might just work. If it doesn't you can pretty well draw or shape from socks...

Happy it is of benefit...

thank you so much for the pattern, I will make heaps for my friends and family.