C pap users

Old 09-21-2010, 12:05 PM

I did laugh as I can imagine some one with a panty liner on their month and panties on their hair. I am not familar with a C pap so I don't understand the system. Thanks for the laugh as I was not having the best of days.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Dee

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned

OK I am sorry, but I laughed, and thank you for that. but hay what ever they work for, as long as there working. God bless.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 PM

Had sleep apnea and lost 100 #, so don't use it anymore. The face mask drove to CRAZY. Was going to get the one that doesn't use one, ins. pays for it, but my MD in SD said probably don't need one, but one on MD's here in Denver area wants me to have another test, just to confirm.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 PM

Please do another sleep test. The only bad thing is getting all the junk out of you hair.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by norma Jean
Please do another sleep test. The only bad thing is getting all the junk out of you hair.
ohhh, my tester told me how. Just put gobs of conditioner on and rub it in good, and the junk comes right out. It really works. I've used it the last 3 times and no problem getting the junk out. After the conditioner, wash, then condition again if needed. If you feel any areas of junk still there, just rub in more conditioner in that area.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by norma Jean
ohhh, my tester told me how. Just put gobs of conditioner on and rub it in good, and the junk comes right out. It really works. I've used it the last 3 times and no problem getting the junk out. After the conditioner, wash, then condition again if needed. If you feel any areas of junk still there, just rub in more conditioner in that area.
Thanks so much for this awesome tip!!! That'll make my next test go SO much easier!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 AM

Thanks, I will remember to use conditioner.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 AM

I have a question about how to keep our faces from getting really dry. We're told to wash our faces before wearing our masks at night or for naps, and I'm noticing my face getting really dry as a result. I use Neutragena facial bar soap as was recommended to me.

I don't use any moisturizer then, so as not to interfere with the seal of my mask. I used to use a full face mask, but now am using the Swift FX, so there's really only the part under and up to my nose where the mask really comes into contact with since the straps that touch my cheeks are covered by the washable 'wraps' that are provided with my mask. I'm guessing I could go ahead and apply some moisturizer on most of my face then.

What are you other gals doing if you have this dryness problem? I do use the humidifier that comes with my CPAP, but of course, that only addresses nasal/throat dryness. We live in a fairly dry area much of the time. Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:24 AM

I don't have a problem with dry skin so I don't know what to suggest. I can't see that moisturizer on skin that doesn't contact the mask would be a problem tho.
I'm sure you will get helpful suggestions from others here. Hugs and smiles.