Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Proud Grandparents, come out and share...

My sister has 5 kids and they each have their own "special words".
    I have no idea where they came up with these either
    lizard - Galivamp
    Aunt Susie - Aunt Shmo
    socks - ki's (like eyes with a k sound)

This is coming from a proud Aunt. These words are now part of my great-nephews/nieces vocabulary. I know there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

I remember my own son saying tollerpitter for caterpillar. It cracked me up. When my Granddaughter was small she couldn't say grandpa so she called him Happy which stuck. Now everybody calls my husband "Happy" My Daughter used to say fra fries for French Fries in here cute little voice.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My grand baby(2 and a half) informed me they had "macaroni pizza' for supper last night.(She meant pepperoni)..

instead of "grown up" she says "ground up"

and when i stipple a quilt,she pretends on her machine and says she is STICKLLING,,,

Thanks, quiltncrazy, for asking for us to share![/quote]

your welcome, Grandma Honey :wink:

Blog Entries
    I am loving all of these!!!! :D :D :D

My grandson used to say 'chudder' instead of 'each other'.
    (Let's share our toys with 'chudder'.)

My 3 year old granddaughter calls pretzels 'bats'. We have no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by Minda
    My grandson used to say 'chudder' instead of 'each other'.
    (Let's share our toys with 'chudder'.)

My 3 year old granddaughter calls pretzels 'bats'. We have no idea why.
    maybe they look like wings? :lol: cute.
    chudder, I like that...think I will use it on hubby...kind of like a new Jeff Foxworthy, redneck word or something :wink:

I need to learn how to 'stickling' on my little machine, lol! :lol:

these are all sooo cute...auntie whiskey :shock:
    wasn't she a neighbor that made 'recipe' and kept it in her cellar, on the Waltons?

I think I do stickling right now- some days it doesn't look like stippling. I just stuck something on it. :)

my aunt and mom love telling me that when i was little my favorite restaurant was " booger king"--still pretty high up there and when i sang the alphabet and got to 'w' it was bubba-do. my aunt 'fixed' that much to my mother's dismay so my mom then returned the favor with my cousin later on. My twin cousins used to try to tell my their doll was potty training but it sounded like 'chi-chi pot potty' and 'chicken pot pie'. ooh i'd tease them so much---chicken pot pie? really? where? and they keep repeating no! chi-chi pot potty!! They couldn't pronounce my aunt's name (aunt kathy) so they called her aunt khaki--which i still do. and the twins called me whissa, which aunt khaki, uncle steve and my cousin matt-choo still call me. i know there's more.....

I thought of some more--my kids (it's okay to use kids too, right, not just grandkids???) used to say instead of Skippers Fish and Chowder House--Skipper's Fish and Chobber Hops. And when we had macaroni and cheese for dinner, I usually fixed green beans too. They called that 'roni-beans.
    My granddaughter Abby used to say whoot paste instead of toothpaste. She also called fingernails, ponernails. Not sure where those came from.
    I'm still thinking--I'm sure I'll have more...

When my 4th child came along we had to get a bigger car. Since we did a lot of moving with the Navy we bought a Suburban (still have it 20 1/2 years later) We were at church and talking about an event and my then 4 year daughter came up to me in a group and asked if we could bring the "burbon" again on the picnic. I got some really funny looks.

Another we still laugh about is when my kids were younger I always had the Christian Radio station playing and we heard programs from several different speakers and preachers. During our move to where we live now my 5 year old son saw a Carls Jr Restaurant and said "look mom, there's Chuck Swindolls"

Quote Originally Posted by nellebelles
    I thought of some more--my kids (it's okay to use kids too, right, not just grandkids???) used to say instead of Skippers Fish and Chowder House--Skipper's Fish and Chobber Hops. And when we had macaroni and cheese for dinner, I usually fixed green beans too. They called that 'roni-beans.
    My granddaughter Abby used to say whoot paste instead of toothpaste. She also called fingernails, ponernails. Not sure where those came from.
    I'm still thinking--I'm sure I'll have more...
    chobber hops...LOL...love it!!!
    ALL KIDS SAYINGS, WELCOME HEEERRREEE!!! mousie trying to say in a bigger voice, bc she's short...nelle, just keep 'em coming.

This isn't a saying, but DD #2, at ages 3+4, used to run up behind her daddy, and latch onto his back, jean pockets, and 'swing' back and to...of course, this meant, he better spread 'em real quick, for the ride! :D
    DD#3, the youngest, thought our oldest was adopted and told ppl that. We have no idea why! We still laugh about it. :lol:

My GD Katie calls Hand Sanitizer, Sand Hanitizer. :lol:

Deara

My three children (ages 35, 34, 32) still say arm sleeves for shirt sleeves. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Deara

My daughter, until she was about 8, would call the "lost and found" the "lostin fountain". She would actually argue with me that her version was the proper way to say it!!

My son can't say Colorado, so he calls it "Cadda-raddah"

MY daughter still calls spaghetti--bsgetti, vegetables--vengtables, and when she was 2 she walked around singing; "mick side a go"--we have never figured out what that meant and she is 33 now.

My grandauther could not say fingers, she called them pinders and instead of salisbury steak, she asks for strawberry steak even at 14.

My husband is Greek and our son would be talking to you when he was little and put a greek word in instead of an english one.

I love them all so much.

DH still says, "case knife", for what I call a table knife, or butter knife.
    And he has family, in Cadda-radda! :D
    (I hope those, lost-in-fountain, can swim :wink: )

My grandson (4 yr old)...was sitting with his brother and cousin at their own table at Christmas time. The adults were at a separate table. There was a lull in conversation...we heard (rather loudly)..."Hey Noah....save money...live better...Walmart!" That was it...the adult table was in tears laughing..the boys just continued eating!

When my son was small, he used to say, "tomorrow backwards", when he meant "yesterday". We always got a kick out of that and never could figure out how he thought that one up.

Blog Entries
    My dtr couldn't say Living Room so she called it The Ling Room, giving our modest home a bit of Asian culture.

My grandson is very safety conscious and when my dtr was taking him out on a sunny day he told her not to forget the dong-keen. My dtr laughed and asked what is Don King? We found out after several tries that it was sun screen! LOL

Blog Entries
    How about "yester-night" from my dear 3 y/o grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by adyldrop
    my aunt and mom love telling me that when i was little my favorite restaurant was " booger king"--still pretty high up there and when i sang the alphabet and got to 'w' it was bubba-do. my aunt 'fixed' that much to my mother's dismay so my mom then returned the favor with my cousin later on. My twin cousins used to try to tell my their doll was potty training but it sounded like 'chi-chi pot potty' and 'chicken pot pie'. ooh i'd tease them so much---chicken pot pie? really? where? and they keep repeating no! chi-chi pot potty!! They couldn't pronounce my aunt's name (aunt kathy) so they called her aunt khaki--which i still do. and the twins called me whissa, which aunt khaki, uncle steve and my cousin matt-choo still call me. i know there's more.....
    OMG you just reminded me that my daughter used to rescite the alphabet and she would say ABC.......STUVWXYbecauseZ LOL

my son said dee-kah-doc because he couldn't say kittycat. once he found a deekahdoc in the garbage can that turned out to be a possum.

by the way, there's a name for this. it's called a lady mondagreen. which translates to laid him on the green. and blessed are the cheesemakers for they shall inherit the girth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast