Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Calling all Proud Grandparents, come out and share...

Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
    Mokercycle for motercycle, counter-kitchens instead of kitchen counters, back-horse riding instead of horseback riding, "Beer" instead of "please" - never could figure out that one, pickle for popsicle, pineapple for apple pie...
    LOL! Trying to think of more...

Toyota Corolla was Toyota Gorilla...

Can we go to Mrs. Donalds for supper...

Cement mixer was an 'oh-dee-oh'

Up from the grave he arose was lustily belted out as 'up from the gravy - a rose!'

'Don we now our day old pharoh' (don we now our gay apparel)

Troll the ancient you'll die Carol (troll the ancient yuletide carol)

... and I wish I had written them all down!
    Last edited by Trisher; 06-10-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisher View Post
    Toyota Corolla was Toyota Gorilla...

Can we go to Mrs. Donalds for supper...

Cement mixer was an 'oh-dee-oh'

Up from the grave he arose was lustily belted out as 'up from the gravy - a rose!'

'Don we now our day old pharoh' (don we now our gay apparel)

Troll the ancient you'll die Carol (troll the ancient yuletide carol)

... and I wish I had written them all down!
    Those are great, Trisher! LOL! Love the cement mixer one! Wish I had written them down, too.

Blog Entries
    When my Granddaughter was small she couldn't say Grandmother so I became Guya which later became
    Gundmudder before finally becoming Grams.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
    When my Granddaughter was small she couldn't say Grandmother so I became Guya which later became
    Gundmudder before finally becoming Grams.
    Awww... no matter how a child says things, the innocence of them warms the heart.

Blog Entries
    when my son, now 27 was about 2, he called me 'me me' and my mom 'momma'.
    one day, about 10 yrs ago, we were driving down the street whenit occurd to me he was saying mommy, and grandma. boy, did i feel stupid
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    when my son, now 27 was about 2, he called me 'me me' and my mom 'momma'.
    one day, about 10 yrs ago, we were driving down the street whenit occurd to me he was saying mommy, and grandma. boy, did i feel stupid
    Lynnie. Trying to decipher a young child's language has got to be one of the hardest things a mom has to do.

When our son, who will be 37 in a couple of weeks, was little he stayed with my mom and dad a lot on Friday nights. She called me one time because she couldn't understand what he wanted and he was crying. She told me he wanted..."waygo box". She would repeat to him what he said but it made him cry more. Finally she called me in desperation. I told her "waygo box" was "Lego blocks?". She said that to him and he quit crying and said "yes". haha

Our son also called his elbow, elboy. I don't know where he got that.

Linguistic evolution: "breakfast" started out as "bwa" changed to more of a word for "snack" "biddi bah" and finally "snack" has become "bee-bah" The latest word is the ever popular "Why?" used to drive generations of parents/grandparents crazy!!

Keep them coming, ladies. These are wonderful.

Makes me feel young again.

Blog Entries
    A couple of church funnies:
    My daughter called the passing of the sacrament, "snack-ra-ment" (where we each take one piece of bread) and last Sunday, which was fast Sunday, I heard her 3 year old son say too loudly, "I'm hungry" .....which probably everyone was thinking. Then, when the sacrament was passed, and the church was very quiet, I heard his little voice squeal with delight, "I got two!"

A dinner experience at Meme's served 3yr old GS his first baked beans. He shuddered as they went down. When Pop-pop asked him if he wanted more, he said, "no , they make me shake"

This same 3yr old GS, because his annunciation is poor, his sister does most of the "translating". I'm not crazy about that helpfulness, so i look him in the eye and say "show me" and he does, and it works. But when he gets excited, he comes running to me yelling, " show me, Meme, show me" and pulls me where he wants me. (I love that little boy). Thank goodness they live next door!

LOL, Jane Quilter!

I refer to it as double-joy, where us moms get pleasure birthing our children, then a secondary (and long-term pleasure) out of their characters and nature.

With my daughter, shampoo was panshoo, yogurt was yogrit, her cousin Rique Lynn was Rickaleein. To my Grandson, I have always been Gigi instead of Grandma. Grandpa was known as Geepaw, and his Nana is called Kneeknee.

So sweet, SewingSew!

One of my nephews used to call me, Auntie Moo-too (for Margaret). I have no idea how he came up with that one!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4