Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you stand your own picture? >

Can you stand your own picture?

Can you stand your own picture?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
It's really sad how many of us can't stand to see ourselves in pictures. In discussing quilt labels with the creator's picture on them, so many have said they would not want their own picture on it.

I can totally relate, but I've learned the hard way that it's only my perception and that I don't look nearly as bad as I think I do.
We went to Hawaii a few years ago and had a totally awesome time. I took around 600 pictures. I am in exactly one picture that was taken by someone else. I was at my all time highest weight. But you know what? When my family looks at that picture they never say, "Wow, look how fat mom was!" No, they start talking about how much fun that vacation was.

I don't want to leave my kids thousands of pictures of them and only one or two of me.

Next time the camera is out, slip your arm around someone else (you can hide some "hip-age") and smile big!
Thanks I really needed to hear that!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbup: :XD: I always hate to have my pics taken but will now do it more! :mrgreen:
Old 07-31-2010, 10:40 AM

One of the things I see when I look at a picture of me or look in the mirror - my Mother! It is uncanny how much I look like her.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Marlys
One of the things I see when I look at a picture of me or look in the mirror - my Mother! It is uncanny how much I look like her.
It's amazing since my whole life I've been told I look like my daddy. But now everytime I look into a mirror I see my mother. It's kind of shocking sometimes.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by baubo1234
Had my passport photo taken yesterday. UUgggg. They never turn out nice. lol
That's different. Driver's License pics fall in that category too. When I took mine, I wore an orangish shirt and of all the colors - the DL is orangish too. lol
Old 07-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

I do not like myself in pictures but when my mother died 5 years ago I realized how important it is to have some nice pictures especially the ones showing us doing normal things with loved ones.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:24 PM

I have always hated photos of myself...I'm the one who takes the pictures, not the one who's in them! My hubby likes to take pics of me when I'm not paying attention...he thinks I'm beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90469.jpe  
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 PM

I don't mind my pictures, just some are better than others lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BRenea
...he thinks I'm beautiful.
He's right - you are!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 AM

I'm afraid I'm guilty!
I HATE having my picture taken... but I give in..and do what "uglycook" does and grab someone I love and make them get in the picture with me..that way the picture isn't totally rotten. =)
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM

In a word NO. AS my dear GS described me...fat,old,wrinkled and bald...yes that's right bald. I also look my father's side of the family and he left us before I was born...not good memories. My husband thinks I am beautiful, so perhaps that is all that matters. Although I do have a hard time accepting that. I run when the camers comes out and usually claim being part of the FBI Witness Protection Program. Amazing how many people believe that. I do know that when I "go to Glory" I will get a new body and be restored. PTL. fmd36 in NH