Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you stand your own picture? >

Can you stand your own picture?

Can you stand your own picture?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

Hey, use Photoshop! Works wonders for the ego. LOL
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 AM

You lucky duck! Be sure and visit the quilt shops. I've even rented a sewing machine and made a quilt while sitting on the lanai and listening/watching the ocean waves.

Have a great trip!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
At the moment I hate my pic... I have put on a lot of weight.... you would think that would induce me to lose weight :oops: NOT

I have given up trying to lose weight. I COULD be the healthiest person on the planet and get hit by a bus....so I am going to enjoy my ice cream, macaroni and cheese and all that other good stuff. My husband thinks I am the most gorgeous woman on the planet. I will not argue.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80815.jpe  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:05 AM

Awhile back I had to get my drivers license renewed. When they took the picture I about had a heart attack at the outcome. The lady took it again and it looked just the same. I told her, crap, I guess that is what I look like so we better just use that one. Luckily the one on the license wasn't so big and close up. It had been several years since renewed and I really wanted the old one back.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:33 AM

[quote=Boston1954
I have given up trying to lose weight. I COULD be the healthiest person on the planet and get hit by a bus....so I am going to enjoy my ice cream, macaroni and cheese and all that other good stuff. My husband thinks I am the most gorgeous woman on the planet. I will not argue.[/quote]

OMGoodness Anne! You and I feel exactly the same way! At my age, I've decided life is too short to deny myself what ever food tastes good, and I *do* enjoy my food.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 AM

Well I'm with most of you! I hate pics of myself but have learned to grin and bare it! I've lost kids and I know the scramble to find every pic taken of them in life. Theres never enough. Don't want to disappoint my kids in that area. So I smile....endure it....and don't look at them....lol
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
Awhile back I had to get my drivers license renewed. When they took the picture I about had a heart attack at the outcome. The lady took it again and it looked just the same. I told her, crap, I guess that is what I look like so we better just use that one. Luckily the one on the license wasn't so big and close up. It had been several years since renewed and I really wanted the old one back.
do what i do - practice in front of the mirror first.

women are programmed to feel inferior to what they see on tv and in magazines.
it doesn't seem to matter that dh is bald, has gained 70#, and has a tummy that falls over his belt. his hair is grey, his feet are flat and most of his teeth are capped.
he still looks at women who never had babies, never do housework or hold jobs, go to beauty salons, had cosmetic surgery and wonder why their own wives don't look like that.

me? i wonder why dh doesn't have a face like sean connery. otherwise dh is perfect, of course! :roll: :roll: none of what i said applies to him. :mrgreen:
Old 07-08-2010, 10:19 AM

I want to know why men get better with age......and women just get older? :roll: :roll:
Old 07-08-2010, 10:31 AM

You really made me think about my children not having any pics of me. I am overweight and have many age spots on my face. My youngest son is a photographer by hobby and is always trying to take pics of me and I hate it. But, what if my grandchildren never have any pics of me. You made me realize that my family might want to remember me with pics.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

Turn that camera off or I'm leaving!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80702.jpe