Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you tell Me What Kind of Doggy I Am? >

Can you tell Me What Kind of Doggy I Am?

Can you tell Me What Kind of Doggy I Am?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:29 PM

Bitsy is one beautiful baby! My husband and I had a dachshund/beagle mix that looked so much like her, except Brittany was colored more like the dachshund part. But her body, head, and the eyes, ohhhh those eyes were just the same. Poor little girl, abandoned and hungry, bless you for taking her in.

We live in a rural area and have problems with people dumping pets. Right now I have a mama cat and her 4 kittens living in my shed. She showed up over Labor Day. She was soooo thin, so I fed her. The second day, my husband and I thought we heard a tiny mewl and thought oh oh a kitten. Then when she was fed for a couple days, she started showing that she had milk, but never heard the kittens again. Every time I fed her it seemed one of her teats was damp, so I was almost sure she had at least one kitten. Well, yesterday, just before we left to come to Rochester, NY to visit my son, I was at work and DH was looking for something in the shed and found 4 adorable kittens! Oh dear!!!! What am I going to do? Already have 2 indoor cats. I can't keep them all, but have bonded with mama cat (a calico, I named Patches) and fallen in love with one of the kittens. My grandson is in love with another that he has named Clyde, but that leaves two. I wish pet owners would be responsible and get their pets spayed or neutered whenever possible! Our local SPCA has a spay/neuter program for low income families.

Anyway, enjoy your new soul mates!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:04 PM

A cute one. I don't think Bitsy cares as long as she can love you and you love her. That is all she needed is a good home.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM

Bitsy is adorable as is the kitty....who looks exactly like my baby Sammie. It is great that there are caring people like yourself to take in these poor abandoned creatures.

We have 2 kitties and 1 dog....all rescues. They are the best, most loving pets.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:29 PM

They are beautiful animals...mine are all shelter animals 3 cats and a dog
They will repay you with love and kisses
Old 09-27-2009, 03:37 PM

Bitsy is adorable, and the kitty looks quite contended! Looks like there is a ton of uncoditional love there! :lol:
Old 09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I do wonder if she has 'issues', bc she sits on the back porch waiting for me, all day, and all night. Almost makes me feel a little guilty!
she may indeed have issues. after all, she was dumped. and who knows what happened to her pups? she's probably always going to be "needy". all the affection in the world won't be enough. i had a cat like that. glued to me. he was only happy when i was there. wanted to be petted and hugged every minute. put his arms up to be carried. there's a lot to be said for a pet like that. they are the best company in the world.

can she come in at all?
She's so little and so sweet, I would bathe her and bring her in, but hubby and I have allergies and he is a "no animals in the house" person. He also has emphysema/COPD, so I can't do anything to hinder his breathing.
There's nothing to worry about though. In Florida, it stays summer until end of October, and winter doesn't start, (talking temperatures), until February sometimes...next thing you know, it's spring.
She and the kitties practically have their own house, out there in my 2 room, wash house/shed.
It is 10 x 24, no inside door, but 2 rooms. I'll insulate the second one by mid November, and install night lights and they have plenty of bedding. If need be, I'll put in some kind of heat, too. I have on occasion brought pets in and put them either in bathroom or computer room. Hubby would say, they get treated better than him :lol:
Old 09-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Well QC hope you don't mind I borrowed your picture but here is proof positive she is part beagle! This is my pure bred blue tick beagle Maggie. Think they look alike aside from differant colors and the longer body??
LOL, how did you do that?!
They sure do look alike! how sweet. Maggie looks like she would be a great playmate.
Maybe if we ever get together, we should bring our pets! :wink:
Old 09-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
I am so glad you adopted her. She looks part terrier for sure, I had a rat terrier that had the same colorings and they can be about that size as well. Whatever she is she is a sweetheart and I am glad she found you. My house is the same as yours, they always seem to just show up for some reason.
Hubby has really warmed up to Bitsy, and, wonder of wonders, he hasn't said anything about the new kitty. I will wait about a week, and if he hasn't said anything, I will give kitty a name. I guess for now, she is little kitty, bc Ginger is a tad bigger, and BC is bigger than both of them. He has had to loosen up a bit this past week.
I think he is really, secretly afraid of Ginger, and she wouldn't hurt a flea. Or he's just plain jealous. He comes to the back, if he thinks I'm there with her. I love up on him, to show his there's no need to be jealous. They don't hiss anymore. We're making progress, lol! :D
Old 09-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
She is just such a sweetie pie. I know things are tough for some people right now and they do get abandoned and it doesn´t just happen in America, Our three dogs were all abadoned.

I know for sure Bitsy will be loved and that sure is a lovely cat too. Looks like they knew they were on to a good thing when they found you.

Elle
I must have a sign, visible only to animals, that says, "softie with all animals, lives here", lol. I get it from DD.
She won't be having wee ones, so she has four in house kitties that she loves to pieces. They even pile up in the bed, and it's a double!
We have a queen sized and hubby says I take up too much room.
Hogwash! I told him last night to get a tape measure, and he did!
I have a bum knee so I sleep on my stomach and kind of put it out a little, towards edge. I had 28", and he had 32".
He sleeps on his back with arms down, so I ask, who is really hogging the bed? :lol:
Old 09-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisa T
Oh, I bet you are right- they are from the same home. So sad that they were abandoned, or whatever happened.

Bitsy is adorable and her friend is handsome!
It's funny to me, that the two cats I already had...one week ago, they barely tolerated each other...kind of at the stage of sticking their noses up...and then here comes another look alike kitty and sidekick doggie, and now all four are practically 'family'.
BC is not cuddling with them, but he has let them on 'his' porch, and they have all layed around within feet of him.
Ginger thinks it's great they're here. me too! :mrgreen: