Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you tell Me What Kind of Doggy I Am? >

Can you tell Me What Kind of Doggy I Am?

Can you tell Me What Kind of Doggy I Am?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mountain-moma
Oh she is such a beatuy how can one say no to those pretty eyes
not his one, that's for sure :wink:
Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
She is so cute! Maybe part basset hound-their bodies are long like hers.
I thought of that too, but she has such little feet and all. Wonder what she would say if she would talk in front of me? :lol:
Old 09-27-2009, 04:14 PM

She looks so sweet no matter what breed she is!!
Those eyes...looks like a keeper!!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:18 PM

Now that's about the cutest darn dog I've ever seen. I'm not really much of a dog person, but that is one dog I sure would find to be a keeper. She just looks like she's a lot of fun.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nursie76
Bitsy is one beautiful baby! My husband and I had a dachshund/beagle mix that looked so much like her, except Brittany was colored more like the dachshund part. But her body, head, and the eyes, ohhhh those eyes were just the same. Poor little girl, abandoned and hungry, bless you for taking her in.

We live in a rural area and have problems with people dumping pets. Right now I have a mama cat and her 4 kittens living in my shed. She showed up over Labor Day. She was soooo thin, so I fed her. The second day, my husband and I thought we heard a tiny mewl and thought oh oh a kitten. Then when she was fed for a couple days, she started showing that she had milk, but never heard the kittens again. Every time I fed her it seemed one of her teats was damp, so I was almost sure she had at least one kitten. Well, yesterday, just before we left to come to Rochester, NY to visit my son, I was at work and DH was looking for something in the shed and found 4 adorable kittens! Oh dear!!!! What am I going to do? Already have 2 indoor cats. I can't keep them all, but have bonded with mama cat (a calico, I named Patches) and fallen in love with one of the kittens. My grandson is in love with another that he has named Clyde, but that leaves two. I wish pet owners would be responsible and get their pets spayed or neutered whenever possible! Our local SPCA has a spay/neuter program for low income families.

Anyway, enjoy your new soul mates!
My Ginger, (cat) is the mama of four kittens that dear daughter, kept two, and found homes for two.
The problem here, is the pound charges ppl to bring animals in. PPL don't want to pay money for animals that are not theirs.
I don't know about other states, but it is illegal to 'dump' animals here, in Florida. I always get my pets fixed.
We need a program like you have, that would cut costs for those that can't afford more. Wait till grbaby finds out, Nana has four pets now! :D
Old 09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
A cute one. I don't think Bitsy cares as long as she can love you and you love her. That is all she needed is a good home.
lol, I bet your right :wink:
Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM

I wish you the best with your new Bitsy. I am so thankful she found a good home.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 PM

quiltincrazy said: "Wait till grbaby finds out, Nana has four pets now!"

I ask our oldest DD to go up to our place and feed and water our cats (indoor) and the new "shed kitty" as she had been calling her, while we were in NY Hero the dog has been boarded). I spoke with her today and she said she had taken our DGS (10 yrs old) up along with her and he said that he will go up every day now to see them! :D

Aren't grandkids just the best?

All of our pets have been rescue animals or stays, dumped off. They seem to love you extra much to repay you for saving them.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:59 PM

Definitely part beagle. We have beagles and im SURE he is part beagle.... as to the rest.. I am not sure at all :) But she is DEFINITELY adorable for sure.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 PM

If nothing else, she is a 'good' doggy. :D