Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't believe I said that!!

When I buy a fabric it's seldom out of true need. I have so much fabric that it is unlikely that I will ever use it all. But I still love to look and buy - it's chicken soup for my soul.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    I have a friend who constantly says "I don't need any more fabric" She is serious and doesn't normally buy a darned thing.
    I don't even know why she goes "shopping" with us or goes to quilt shows with us. She is Debbie Downer.

Blog Entries
    Me, too, Irish! Twice I bought some just because I liked it. that was 4 yrs ago and its still in the closet! However I loved shopping with my daughter for fabric for the one I'm making for her and will love shopping with my cousin for one she and I will make while she's here! (In both cases, they are paying!) I'd much rather go to the store to buy new fabric for a new project that to go raid my closet again.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
    That sounds like something I would say because I usually don't buy any fabric unless I have a project in mind. If I buy fabric just because I like it, I end up with a lot of stuff I never use that doesn't really go with anything else. Hope you have fun shopping.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

I seem to always need just one fabric to finish out a project, and when I get home with it I always seem to have at least 4 or 5. Do my needs grow. or do my "wants" grow?

Blog Entries
    I have only to make it to December 31st, and I will have gone one year without buying ANY fabric. I did inherit some, and was gifted some by others, but for the first time ever I will have kept my New Years resolution! Yay me!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Usually the ones that says they don't need any fabric when going on a shop hop are the ones who buy the most. Lol. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
    I have only to make it to December 31st, and I will have gone one year without buying ANY fabric. I did inherit some, and was gifted some by others, but for the first time ever I will have kept my New Years resolution! Yay me!
    Keep going! I tried that, but it's been a tough year with things happening in my family, so fabric therapy has been the way to go. I will try again next year.

I've enjoyed reading these posts. I, too, make promises to myself about not purchasing more fabric until I've used (some) of what I have...yea, right! This summer when I visited my sister in MT(she works in a quilt shop part-time), I came home with MORE fabric...but it was on sale AND it coordinated with FQs and charms I have here at home, so I have projects I can work on through the winter! Right now I'm waiting for a call from my LAQ that she has 2 quilts finished for me...I'd had that particular fabric for a couple of years before I ever got at it, and there were enough remnants that I am making a smaller quilt for the little brother of the boys these completed quilts will go to.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2