Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can't Believe What Happened @ Wally World!!!!!! >

Can't Believe What Happened @ Wally World!!!!!!

Can't Believe What Happened @ Wally World!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 PM

It's a sad statement about our society that you can't leave anything unattended, even a wooden box. I hope they can get a good picture of the person off of security cameras. Good luck, I hope you get justice.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by DJRustic
Yrs. ago my4 yr. old neice got killed in an aoto accident. She was one of my mother's favorite. Anyway, I bought a cute Xmas tree & decorations for her grave & someone stole all of it off the grave. I wrote a letter to the editor of their little paper expressing how sad it was to steal from a little 4 yr. old.That was the only thing my Mom could get her for Xmas that yr. People are so sad. Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Donna, The cemetery where my parents are buried routinely removes decorations. They interfere with the maintenance.

Whenever something of mine "goes missing", I always say to myself: I hope whoever took it really needed it. Maybe some other child benefited from your Mom's gift to her niece. I hope so. You'd be surprised how desperate people get for their children to get something, anything, for Christmas. A fellow I worked with years ago asked me to loan him $200 so he could get gifts for his kids. I gave it to him, mostly for the kids, thinking I would never see that money again...he didn't have the best reputation at work...but I got it all back. I've always wondered why he chose to ask me. Maybe he saw something good in me that I didn't even know was there!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 PM

"I just know it was stolen or it would have been sat over to the side or the cart boy would have seen it. Just chalking it up to lesson learned. "

DJRustic,

It is possible that the cart collector from Walmart was told by Security to remove the box and trash it. Walmart, like all retail stores and businesses, is subject to lawsuits if, for instance, someone were to trip over the box, or fall and hit their head on it. And in this day and age, a box left anywhere may be considered suspicious - a possible bomb.

It's really sad that we have to think about such things, but we do.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:49 AM

Yesterday while at a Walmart, someone let their shopping cart roll into the back of my SIL's van. Put quite a dent in it, they just drove away laughing. A couple of employees saw it happen and waited until we came out to report to us. They had already called the manager to come out. He, the manager came out and took a report and will turn it into the stores insurance. However no one thought to get the other persons, vehicle plate number. Hopefully security cameras got pics of them driving away. I just don't understand some people.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Someone posted that their wheelchair was stolen there too. :< Watch your stuff, people! My car got broken into a few nights ago.
You know that it's not the place, it's the society we live in today. People think they can help themselves to whatever they please. They wouldn't think once about working and saving up to buy what they want or need. My grandson's bike was stolen from the back of the pickup truck parked right next to the church one Sunday morning.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Having an open bed in the back of your truck isn't convenient when folks can come by & take things. I'd try to find a step light enough to put in the truck so it will be locked up while you're shopping.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Someone else had a small stool on a ropeso the Wife could get in and out of pick up and someone had taken it. It was posted on here about it.
There are so many deadbeats around now days, I'm not much surprized by anything.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 PM

Attach a cable to the box that you can then attach to the truck with a padlock(somehow-somewhere close to where it's shoved under) and lock it up like a bicycle! Amazing how loose people are with other people,s stuff. I hope they catch them also. I hope they think it's important so they'll look @ the security cameras.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Having an open bed in the back of your truck isn't convenient when folks can come by & take things. I'd try to find a step light enough to put in the truck so it will be locked up while you're shopping.
Perfect idea. A lot less trouble.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

I am hoping some one removed it thinking they were helping you since it was under the truck. It wasn't in the trash area was it? Either way very annoying.