Be careful They got me!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear that horrible story. I hear now they can sit beside you with their lap tops and read and duplicate the info on your credit cards while your sitting next to them.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 PM

so sorry that happened hope they catch the ones that did it my purse was stolen from our truck in July,,,,,, big loss I no longer carry very much in my purse .two of the items they took I can never get back and one they took made me soooo mad. that ws my new prescription sunglasses lol
Old 12-19-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by JJs
if the cards were used in the wm where they were stolen - the transactions are on VIDEO and the police should be able to get that info and broadcast it on the nightly news - that's what happens here in Alabama!
Walmarts video EVERYTHING (don't do anything in wm that you don't want the world to see)... the store is on video, the registers are on video, the parking lot is on video...
and your theft is on video...
insist on the police getting that evidence
Our Walmart videos are of such poor quality the police can never get much from them.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by okiepastor
They can scan your credit cards without stealing them,by getting close to your purse or wallet! ---so make sure you do NOT have the ones with the stupid RFID
what is a. RFID number?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:19 PM

Did the C.C companies give you a "refund", so to speak. I had a call from M.C (citi card) about a plane tricket they felt I did not purchase. From Singapor to Melbroune $990.00 ea ticket ( I live in Missouri). (Also in the middle to a snow strom at the time.)
Long story short . They did not charge me and when I got my statement there was another ticket purchased just before the one they called me about. WHY the girl did not mention that one too, who knows...But they also canceled that charge. Seems like some one was in a Cyber Cafe in the Far East and trying out C.C. numbers, till one worked. Citi Card also reissued me a new card right on the spot. These crooks are GOOD at their job, just think how productive they could be with a REAl jOB !!
Hope everything works out for you
Old 12-19-2010, 07:27 PM

such a violation of your personal area . how sad so close to Christmas . watch out grinches every where
Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

That is a shame that it happened and that just shows you what kind of times we are living in now. And people wonder why my wife and I have gun permits...........

Billy
Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you. I am even sorrier that that kind of thing reinforcces my first instinct not to trust anybody (sad, but true).
It is a sad commentary on the world we live in.
On the other hand, there are days when you run into a complete stranger who puts a smile on your face or says a kind word. So, it does balance out, somewhat.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:18 AM

If someone stole mine they wouldn't get too far.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:29 AM

That exact thing happened to my sister in Maryland last year. I guess it is a common way to do it.