Be careful They got me!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:28 AM

i am so sorry, big quilty hugs and don't let this awful person make you lose your christmas spirit!!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 AM

Sorry for you! I know how you feel.
I have also herd of another way is at the gas station. Someone had left purse on front passenger seat while filling up. The thief then opened the passenger door quietly and took from seat and left. No they didn't slam the soor shut so she didn't hear. The police had told her this was happening more and more.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 AM

When my credit card was compromised the credit card company called me to ask if I had made these purchases. They cancelled the card immediately and no responsibility on my part.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:26 PM

So, if someone can scan your card numbers just by walking by you-this calls for drastic measures. You have to out-fox the foxes. We will all have to line a small wallet just for the cards-with duct tape! Professional shoplifters do this so they don't set off alarms leaving the stores with their bags stuffed with merchandise that has those plastic things on them- the clerks are suppose to remove. You can't trust anyone anymore.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:09 PM

While I was being taken at one walmart a good friend was having the same thing happen to her at another walmart! Her problem is much more serious as she had her pin number on her ATM card and they almost cleaned her out! $4,000 gone and the bank says too bad. It's not our problem! Never, never put you pin on a card or on a paper with your card!

Anyway:
I went into the police station today for the official report. They asked nothing more than I already told them. I asked them what happens next. I was told the credit card company does the investigation and then they ask the police for help if needed!
What good does it do to look at security tapes if they don't even know what I look like? I didn't even have to sign anything, I just wasted 1 1/2 hour getting a paper with a number!

I don't have to pay anything for transactions I did not make. The stores, in this case, Walmart and CVS, end up not getting paid by the credit card company so they are stuck passing it on to all of us.

The stories on TV are just used if it's a slow news day! Most stories don't get any publicity.

Once years ago I let my daughter use the card and it was stolen. Lots of expensive tennis shoes were charged. She went to the store and they didn't even spell the name right when they signed the slip!

Another time someone called the cc co and changed my address and requested new cards. They cheerfully complied and sent them new cards. They were quite surprised when I called saying I didn't get a bill and found out I never moved! My credit report shows I used to live in Chicago but I never did.

Another time I used the card at a going out of business sale and I guess someone saved a copy with info.
They put gas on the card and since at that time I never put gas on a card they canceled the card.

This has all been over 30 years but still...
I always pay in full every month so they never make a dime off me! They think I'm wonderful! I love this credit card company but I don't know why they don't drop me!
:-D
Clerks are just going to have to take a minute and LOOK at the signature and if it doesn't match ask for other identification!

Thanks for the good wishes all. I am calmer today but still highly irritated at crooks!

:-D
Old 12-18-2010, 04:12 PM

That really stinks. And since it's so easy to do without any risk of being caught-police being too busy to look at video footage, then they're going to continue doing what they do best!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Sorry this happened, it sure makes your stomach quiver.
I shop in slacks wtih pockets. I put a mans wallet with id, crds and cash in one and my cellphone and keys in the other. I just pocket any change. I do not carry a purse. I leave lipstick and comb in the car. I am not as fast as I once was, so I couldn't catch my purse anyway.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:26 PM

don't ever hang your purse on the hanger in the ladies room. i was in philly and as i was in the stall, i heard someone jump hard next to me. as i looked up i saw my purse flying over the top..the theif stood on the paper dispenser and reached over and grabed my purse...this is one time i didn't put cards in my pocket and took more money than i usually do plus it was a new purse...lucky my daughter was working there that day so i got money to get home.....now i hang it over my head.....they are so clever...and they are every where ...now i keep my card in my pocket inside of clothing...better to be safe than sorry.....
Old 12-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

I have all the major credit cards but only take my debit card in the store with me. Don't even take a purse in the store. I keep the card with my cell phone in a pretty case I wear around my neck. I had my wallet stolen out of my purse at a funeral so I quit carrying any important cards or money in my purse. If you have an Iphone you can download an app from the card company that you can put a password on any card when you aren't using it. The card will be useless until you remove the password.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 PM

I have quit carrying a purse also.. I carry a tiny pot of Aquaphor for my lips in one pocket.. my cc, drivers license and money in a small fabric wallet in the other front pant pocket, my cell phone goes in the bra, otherwise I end up calling someone when I don't know I'm calling!!! no comb, no mirror.. so if I look a mess, well, look the other way, I'm not going to have someone steal what I work hard for! Had thieves get my things once years ago, not going to have it happen again if I can help it! So sorry this happened, I felt very uncomfortable for a long time after it happened to me.