Castle

Old 10-08-2015, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Manalto View Post
When there is romantic mystery or friction in a series such as this one, marrying the characters is the kiss of death. I lost interest after the whole flirtation-avoidance dance ended - watching Kate Becket grin adoringly at Castle in nearly every shot of them together was too much to bear. Much of the humor inherent in that uncertain dynamic was also lost. It's really too bad, because they had a good thing with "Castle" and its characters who were appealing and fun to watch.
I know, it felt kind of phony, not the way we would expect the characters to act. And I think I liked Alexis as a young girl. She's growing up and that may take some adjusting.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:13 PM
KLO

With the new episodes, we started calling the show "Beckett". Now we are calling it "Castle & Daughter". Soon I think we will be calling it "Castle's Daughter". This year I don't even care if I miss an episode or not. It has gotten too ridiculous. It was fun before. Now .... not so much. NCIS Louisiana has lost me now too. Bad acting and unbelievable plots. NCIS is on the verge of losing me. Maybe it's just me but there is just not much I want to watch anymore except the British mysteries and Longmire. Guessing I am aging out of TV shows. At least there are some good books out there and plenty of sewing to do.

Last edited by KLO; 10-08-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:57 PM

I used to like Castle. Last year they started going into weird unbelievable plots. This year has been weird also. If there was anything else on at that time, I would probably not watch Castle. Hope they get the idea that the first few seasons were much better than now. I will give it a chance for a couple more episodes.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
I used to like Castle. Last year they started going into weird unbelievable plots. This year has been weird also. If there was anything else on at that time, I would probably not watch Castle. Hope they get the idea that the first few seasons were much better than now. I will give it a chance for a couple more episodes.
I didn't care for the episode where they put the spiders on Castle's face...ew...
Old 10-11-2015, 01:20 PM

I tried watching the new episode but just didn't find it worth my time. Doubt I will try again. They just got married and now separated--just wasn't my cup of tea.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:12 PM

I have the new episodes on my DVR but haven't watched them yet. It sounds like Castle may have jumped the shark. It could be time for it to go. I find that most shows lose me after a few years and Castle has been on for a long time now.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I have the new episodes on my DVR but haven't watched them yet. It sounds like Castle may have jumped the shark. It could be time for it to go. I find that most shows lose me after a few years and Castle has been on for a long time now.
I believe this is the eighth season. I could continue to watch it if it was different. My thoughts are when they finally got the two together, it kind of went south for me. I could probably continue to watch NCIS, which has been on a really long time, but I have been away from it for a while. It is kind of hard to go back. And I think that is what is going to happen with me and Castle.

Serita