cat bath question

Old 05-14-2009, 01:49 PM

Pop him in the wash, no bleach.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:02 PM

Tumble Dry on Low!! hahahaha I couldn't help myself.

WARNING: this is just a joke, do not put your cat in the dryer! :lol:
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

I did have a cat that liked to climb in the dryer. Apparently freshly dried clothes were like catnip to him.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I did have a cat that liked to climb in the dryer. Apparently freshly dried clothes were like catnip to him.
My Ellie is the same way, when the dry bell goes off she races from any room in the house to climb in the dryer. She loves to sit in the machine and fight me for each piece of clothing. I have to be careful not to close her in the machine when I am done, but if I am doing another load she leaves as soon as the first wet piece hits her.

On bathing - I use the oatmeal catbath cloths at the pet store on my three every Saturday, then I check and see if anyone needs their nails clipped, it is a terrible time for all. However, the oatmeal catbath cloths are quick and easy, and the cats smell like cookies the rest of the day. I am one really weird childless catlady. :shock:
Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 PM

you can't keep my cats out of the dryer. THey get baths all of the time since I am allergic too. I use my poodle shampoo on them and it has never had any ill effects.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Have never tried any of these suggestions. Interesting! :lol:
Old 05-14-2009, 05:05 PM

I looked this up because I too use Shaklee products, you would use a VERY small amount.

I use a product called BasicH2 for my cat and dogs. these products are safe, natural,and toxic free.this is how I administer to my pets.

Add 1/2Tsp of BasicH2 and 2 or 3 drops of Basic G to a gallon of water.Put solution in squeeze bottle.Go around neck first, soak that area so fleas will not run to ears, nose and eyes. Soak down the back and then the rest of the body. Use in shower area or with hand shower. Rinse well. BasicH2 takes the shield off the fleas and drowns them. BasicG gets rid of germs and fungus. Vita-Lea also good for pets crushed up put into food or covered up with something good and give to pets orally. If you want to order go to Shaklee.ca
Old 05-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan
petco and other stores have those wet wipes. come in pkgs that open and seal again. are wet and you simply wipe them down. my cats love it.
I have used these on my cats and they work great. I too have heard do not use any shampoo on them except cat shampoo. Most stores carry it.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

I think the best thing will be to ask your Vet what would be the best shampoo for your cat. :D
Old 05-15-2009, 12:45 AM

Not sure why on earth anyone would want to wash or bath a cat anyway? Seriously, am genuinely puzzled, why do you need to do it?

My family has had cats all our lives, the only time we have EVER bathed/washed them is if they got oil on their fur from sitting under a car. We only wash it out so they don't get sick from licking it. And even then we would only wash the dirty area just with a damp wash cloth and a TINY smidge of baby shampoo.