Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The cat likes to eat... WHAT?? >

The cat likes to eat... WHAT??

The cat likes to eat... WHAT??

Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Had a siamese named Suki who loved to eat cantaloupe. would sit and watch me cut it up and then ask for her share.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Our pups, Gunner's Coal and Sugarfoot both like to eat squash . Coal like tangerine and cucumber too. Sugarfoot will eat tomatoes but doesn't like dressing on it.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM

I know dogs aren't supposed to have raisins... look around on the web & it should tell you.

Hey, has anyone else noticed that now they advertise prunes as "dried plums" instead of "prunes"? Guess "prunes" conjures thought of being old. What-ever... I've always LOVED prunes. When I little, my dad would "bribe" me with them. OK, I'm weird... LOL!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

some foods are bad for cats and dogs. they can overdose on them easily. do ck with your Vet. probably all right but ck to be sure.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:41 PM

Don't know about the prunes. One of our cats liked peppermint sticks and pizza sauce, another liked lettuce and green peas, and the current cat likes chocolate (I know she shouldn't have it...so she just has an itty bit rarely), Cheeze Its and potato chips! Strange!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
All she gets is my finger dipped into my black coffee a couple of times and she licks it off.
Once is okay, but you wouldnt catch me dipping my finger in my coffee a second time.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

My Maine coon mix favorite people treat is fruit loops and frosted flakes. I couldn't put my son's cereal in the bowl before going to wake him up because we'd always find her sitting on the table munching away! But only the sweetened cereals thank you. Since he's grown and out of the house I buy her those individual little boxes every once in a while. Oh, and white bread. We can't leave a loaf of bread out because she'll shred the wrapper getting to the bread. She only eats a little bit but you're guaranteed stale bread by morning! Don't we love our fur babies
Old 02-26-2012, 01:19 PM

My son had a cat that ate dill pickles. Wouldn't believe it until I saw it.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:57 PM

My cat Archie just loves Broccoli, he'll do anything for it. He turns his nose up at meat and fish in favour of the broccoli. I even have to keep an eye on him when I cook it as he has, on more than one occassion blistered his paws by standing on the hob trying to get the broccoli out the pan.

Actually he also has a horrible habit of trying to dive into the (tiny) tub of honey and walnut youghurt when I open it, he gets all very excited - its the only flavour he is remotely interested in and I used to find it quite cute but unfortunately I've ended up wearing the youghurt too many times to still find it quite so cute
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM

I once was owned by a cat who do anything for chocolate chips cookies or the Frito Scoops. Do they still have them? He didn't ant any Frito other than the scoop kind and I never did figure out how he knew the difference brtween the different kinds.

I have also had a Husky/Malamute mix that one Christmas Eve ate 2 packs of Marlboor cigarettes, 2 - 3 glass ornaments and a huge chrysanthemum plant plus a 2 pound box of choclates and lived to a ripe old age. We were naturally alarmed when we found the destruction and called the vet who said either he'll pass or the garbage will and said there was nothing he could do to help the dog. He was about 3 months old at the time. He did live without any harm at all to him and the vet recommended that we not feed him that combination again as it really should have been fatal to any dog let alone a puppy.