Cat Question

Old 12-26-2009, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
My cats are declawed, one of them is declawed front and back, and the other one just in front but we're bringing her back in to do the back too... her claws are like grappling hooks! However, she never intentionally uses her claws, they're just permanently sticking out and with the new baby, we'd prefer just having her declawed completely. They've never touched my furniture, and my cats LOVE to cuddle in any blanket or quilt, or pile of laundry. Sure, they shed a bit, but it's all washable.
Everything I make and give away has free cat fur attached to it :D :D
Old 12-26-2009, 03:25 PM

We have 3 cats. Two were declawed when we got them. The
third one got declawed after he shredded my drapes and
sheer curtains, but he never went after my quilts. All of
them just love to curl up on or under them though , and
just like sewjoyce quilts we give away have free fur
attached.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:48 PM

My cats only want to help make the quilt. My dogs on the other hand have chewed holes in three of my quilts. Including my very first one.

They are still living and I still love them. I just make more quilts.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:57 PM

We have three cats currently. None are big time scratchers, except on the designated objects. Hair is another story. They are all long haired.
Gandolf is new here and is wanting to be the quilt tester since the old quilt tester, Hamish passed away.

This is him the other night. I was hollering at him to get off this quilt, and he turned his back to me so I could no longer see him, and went back to sleep.
gotta love them...

Gandolf, working hard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60739[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60739.jpe  
Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
We have three cats currently. None are big time scratchers, except on the designated objects. Hair is another story. They are all long haired.
Gandolf is new here and is wanting to be the quilt tester since the old quilt tester, Hamish passed away.

This is him the other night. I was hollering at him to get off this quilt, and he turned his back to me so I could no longer see him, and went back to sleep.
gotta love them...
:lol: :lol: I guess he thought if he couldn't see you, you couldn't see him:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-26-2009, 07:23 PM

:lol: :lol: I guess he thought if he couldn't see you, you couldn't see him:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Isn't that how it works?? I had a friend, she owned a LARGE black and white cat named Panda. He would HIDE from you outside, BEHIND a blade of grass....at the rigtht distance, from the right angle, the grass would block us from his view
Old 12-27-2009, 03:48 AM

A friend got my cat a toy with a string attached so you could tie it to a door knob for cat entertainment. Murphy chewed the string off and got it tangled around the back of his tongue. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't eating and was just laying around took him to the vet and was very fortunate he had not swallowed it and the vet was able to clip it and remove it. None of my cats are allowed toys with strings now.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 AM

Does anyone have a cat (or cats) that take small pieces of fabric and put them in their food dish? Sami has had up to 8 pcs. in their dry food dish, drives Chelsea nuts.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by lacikat
Does anyone have a cat (or cats) that take small pieces of fabric and put them in their food dish? Sami has had up to 8 pcs. in their dry food dish, drives Chelsea nuts.
Was he hiding fabric for you or him?? (LMAO)
Old 12-27-2009, 06:30 AM

I love cats and dogs...I have a granddog that comes and stays some..and I have 4 cats..One stays outside all the time the others are inside outside cats..and let me just say dogs can be worst then cats...Had a dog one time that tore the couch up! Chewed everything! was the worst dog...ever...could not leave panties, quilts, pillows where he could get to them...Not to say cats are perfect but don't know what I would do with my sidekick while sewing!!