Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
cell phone calls for previous owner ! >

cell phone calls for previous owner !

cell phone calls for previous owner !

Old 10-24-2009, 01:35 PM

If it's bill collectors that call, tell them he/she went bankrupt and give them an atty's phone #. If it's boy/girl that calls, tell them he/she is now married and no longer available. That's what I've done! I know, I know, terrible to give out an attorney's # but by the time I started getting those calls, I'd notified everyone of my number and hated to do it again!

I started getting calls last year on my home # for a nursery (plants/flowers). I went to the nursery and told her and she had NO idea why people called my #. When I was checking out after buying plants she gave me her business card for future purchases.....yip - there was my #!!!! She was SOOOO embarrassed! :P
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

thanks, i may look into a Track phone when the contract on this one runs out.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:21 PM

I have a problem like that! Only it is a school Superitendent (Spelling?) that is telling me the weekly news! Whats for lunch what the kids need to bring to school. It is an automated voice recording so I have no way of calling back to say stop calling me. My phone is a new out of the box. I hope you have solve your problem soon! :)
Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
thanks, i may look into a Track phone when the contract on this one runs out.
you have a contract? they've broken that contract. call them and tell them that you want the contract voided. they haven't provided the service they should have. free yourself to find a better phone deal. and tell them exactly why. and report them to the att'y gen'l's ofice of your state (i love the att'y gen'l's ofices) and the federal communications commission - the bane of their existence.

if anyone ever has any problem with phone or computer service, call the fcc
and watch the sparks fly!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:22 PM

I had to finally say on my voice mail, this is Beth, not Pam, she's not at this #, I don't know her, and don't know how to contact her. If you're calling for Beth leave a message. My family and friends got a laugh, after that for a couple months the calls stopped and I could finally put a nice message on the phone. Kinda rude but it worked!!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:56 PM

I had a similiar problem...but someone was giving my cell number to their creditors. I simply explained (many times at first) that James and/or Cindy had apparently given my number to several people they owed money to, if and when you find them...tell them please call this number so they can compensate for my inappropriately used minutes. I no longer get calls for James and/or Cindy.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 PM

For awhile my cell number was crossed with someone who recently moved from California and her children were calling many times a day and getting me. Explanations did no good. I felt bad for the kids but got so that I would not answer the phone and let it go to voice mail. The mom's new boyfriend was furious that i told the kids they had the wrong number and he left me threatening messages. He sounded like a real winner, but the calls eventually quit.

Then I get a new phone from work and the phone number apparently used to belong to a "lady of the evening" in Waikiki. I was getting lots of phone calls late at night from guys looking for some "companionship." I told them I was too tired.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Oh gosh!! people are trying at times, aren't they?
I just got another 800 call. I called them back and told them it was my number now. she just got quiet. i asked if she was going to take my number down and notate not to ever call it again? She finally did that. Chase Bank again!