Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Characters Leaving TV Shows >
  • Characters Leaving TV Shows

• Characters Leaving TV Shows

Old 12-06-2017, 08:20 AM

Default characters leaving tv shows

Originally Posted by dunster
    I'm not sure that character is actually gone.

I'm not frustrated by the why, but I actually do miss some of the characters, like Linda on Blue Bloods.
    Linda on Blue Bloods: As you recall the last season ended with their house on fire. It shows Linda and their sons safe on the side lines. This season, Sunday dinner show a different seating arrangement, no Linda, but it is disclosed that she died in the fire. She really didn't have a major role, just a buffer for her husband's anger.
    Old 12-06-2017, 09:33 AM

Agree--we had a weatherman leave and not much fan fare about it. Maybe he retired but he was good and actually one who had a college degree in the field unlike others who use the title but were just hired to do the weather with info from the weather bureau.
    Originally Posted by jokir44
    I get really peeved when a news, weather, or sports person leaves the air, a new one comes in and no word at all of what happened to the old one unless it is a retirement.
    Old 12-06-2017, 09:36 AM

I saw that they would be back with new shows next Monday. I was confused with this show--why was he sleeping in the closet--he has an apartment. Almost like it was the first show and I missed it.
    Originally Posted by dunster
    I'm not sure that character is actually gone.

I'm not frustrated by the why, but I actually do miss some of the characters, like Linda on Blue Bloods.
    Old 12-06-2017, 09:39 AM

Got messed up with this on another post. I was wondering about that too--seems the guy deserved to get beat up when he was sexually harassing the woman Dr. I was confused about Shaun--why was he sleeping in the closet when he has an apartment. Seems like it should have been the first show. It will be back on Monday but somehow it didn't make sense.
    Originally Posted by lynnie
    i watch the Good Doctor.
    last night, a guy got fired for beating up a co worker.
    i wonder why he is leaving. the show just started.
    maybe it's he was only scheduled for a certain amt of screen hrs.
    maybe he wanted more money, who knows.
    Old 12-06-2017, 09:47 AM

We watched NCIS for years because it was a really good combination of characters and story. When Ziva left she was replaced by a disrespectful, arrogant little twit whose character didn't mesh the others in my opinion. The first episode she was in was the last I ever watched. Didn't hurt the show any abut ruined it for me.
    Old 12-06-2017, 09:57 AM

Linda on Blue Bloods was on the emergency flight from the hospital that went down. She told them right at the end of the season she did not want to come back so they had to write her off quick. The two on 50 wanted the same pay as the two stars and when they said no they left.
    Old 12-06-2017, 11:29 AM

I miss some characters, but like real life people come and go. It doesn't really bother me unless the show suffers without them. Many actors think that they are so popular and will be in demand when really it's their character that is popular and in demand. Several of the original CSI people found that out the hard way.
    Old 12-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by sylviasmom
    Linda on Blue Bloods: As you recall the last season ended with their house on fire. It shows Linda and their sons safe on the side lines. This season, Sunday dinner show a different seating arrangement, no Linda, but it is disclosed that she died in the fire. She really didn't have a major role, just a buffer for her husband's anger.
    Interesting viewpoint. I saw Linda as a great supporting role. I thought she was a lot more than a "buffer for her husband's anger". I saw her as a contributing character to the plot who will be missed.
    Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 AM
    Power Poster

Shawn on 'Good Doctor' was sleeping in closet to avoid a therapist who was to visit him at his apartment. So many happenings in this last show. Actor was 'Norman' on Bates Motel tv series--he is good actor. My hubs and I play a game
    as to what show these people were on before-ha ! Seem they just use same people !
    Old 12-06-2017, 02:47 PM
    Power Poster

The one that ticked me off was killing off the wife on Kevin Can Wait. I liked her better than Kevin. They gave reasons for letting her go, but of course it was really just to give a bigger role to Leah Remini. I've quit watching the show.