Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Charlotte’s Fusible Web by Superior Threads

Charlotte’s Fusible Web by Superior Threads

Anyone try this product?
    Carol

I have some but haven't used it. I think I had an idea of sewing binding with it before machine stitching on the flip side. The thread would hold it in place.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Catchy name.
    I use a fusible thread for applique. Just not this one.
    But I don't sew with it. I unroll a length of it & spiral it onto the base fabric under where I want my applique to live. (using it like I would a few dots of glue...just to hold the applique in place until I sew it down). I can stack (overlap) applique applique pieces and keep them in place until I get to the machine.
    This works great for landscape or collage type quilts when I need to hold lots of pieces down before actually sewing them in place. I can decide how much or little thread to use for each piece, & a bit of thread fits easily under tiny pieces. It's just a bit less messy than glue.
    But you do have to be careful not to get any on a hot iron.
    It also works great in a pinch for things like hems. Or making ornaments where you might normally use hot glue.