Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Christmas gifts

Blog Entries
    dd, sorry she gave away the gift, but maybe he never commented on something b4 so this was something he really loved. still, she gave away a gift. make her another one and tell her to keep it. it hurts when we put effort into a gift, and someone give it away. about 28 yrs ago, I made my brother a quilt, when I went to his place and saw holes in it, I wanted to cry. he let his dogs chew it. I no longer talk to that brother, the quilt was just the tip of the iceberg, what he did was even worse than that. but people say, when we give it away, it's no longer ours. so I guess that's what we have to deal with when we make beautiful gifts.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I have already started making little ornaments for the nursing home, They need about 140 so have to get busy early. We plan on making a card to go with them. All summer have been crocheting preemie baby blankets for the Levine children's hospital . There is a group of 3 or 4 that work on these projects. We just love doing this sort of things.

Blog Entries
    can you give us an idea of the ornaments you make, or even better a picture?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Lynnie, your quilt sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing a picture when it's completed.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    Betty, just LA quilted the presents quilt. something quick I whipped up. now just need to bind it.

would you like a potholder with a nice spice, and which spice?

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Aprons!! for everyone. Put something cute in the pocket, a recipe, a cookie cutter. One with a hanging buttoned on hand towel is great for sloppy cooks like me!
    Have thought of the aprons for my 2 DIL's, maybe also pretty potholders/dishtowels, also like the cookie cutter and recipe idea. My aunt gave me a little dress that you tie onto the dish soap bottle, it had a pocket, and a little saying about holding your rings while you do the dishes, really cute, but nowadays they all use dishwashers. I hate dishwashers, rather have another cabinet in its place!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Linnie, we are making Christmas tree ornaments out of felt, your choice of colors, Using a cookie cutter for a pattern. making a front and back with a little stuffing inside and decorative stitch around the out side. decorating them. putting a gold cord to hang by. This will be something they can unwrap. we are also making each one a card to go with it.

I made 2 of my DGD's quilts, but that's as far as I've gotten.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Blog Entries
    I usually make free standing lace on the emb machine. this year, reindeer again and sailboats (new).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2