Cleaning house!!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 AM

It's barely after 9:00am and I've already started my 3rd day of cleaning. I have a house appraisal tomorrow so I've been scrubbing everything from floors to windows, cleaned blinds and drapes, vaccum and dust, scrubbed appliances (even cleaned under the stove), bathrooms and 1 bedroom so far.

I'm taking a break from clearing out my master bedroom walk-in closet. I have so many clothes that I'm never going to wear again so I'm folding up everything and putting it into bags to take to Goodwill.

It feels good to get rid of clutter. It's just me in a 5 bedroom house and there is no reason to have a bunch of stuff around that I have no use for.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:26 AM

I'm taking off work tomorrow to do some much needed cleaning. We're not moving, but our youngest is getting married this fall, and I just feel the need to clean and organize. The best part is, nobody else will be home, just me! I haven't had a day to myself since God was a boy! lol!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Google Goddess

great, glad you are cleaning house! Also I took bags of clothes to our local nursing home and they loved it, the patients were so excited!!!! The office manager thanked me and sent me a nice thank you note. She commented to me that she wished more people would donate to nursing homes. Good Idea!

Karen, Craftybear

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
It's barely after 9:00am and I've already started my 3rd day of cleaning. I have a house appraisal tomorrow so I've been scrubbing everything from floors to windows, cleaned blinds and drapes, vaccum and dust, scrubbed appliances (even cleaned under the stove), bathrooms and 1 bedroom so far.

I'm taking a break from clearing out my master bedroom walk-in closet. I have so many clothes that I'm never going to wear again so I'm folding up everything and putting it into bags to take to Goodwill.

It feels good to get rid of clutter. It's just me in a 5 bedroom house and there is no reason to have a bunch of stuff around that I have no use for.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 AM

I'm not moving, just re-financing. I don't know that the clothes would be useful in a nursing home. It's a lot of work clothes in a younger style. I hope that a young woman could use them.

I still have the front lawn to mow and the back yard to weed. Luckily I did some clearing and flower planting a few weeks ago so there's not much to do there. And the flowers are blooming! Big, beautiful yellow flowers in the front planter.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 AM

I am off from work for 2 weeks! next week we are taking a 3 day vacation but before we go I would like to really clean house. I also want to clean house before we shut it up again to turn on the ac.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:33 AM

We have a 3 bedroom house. It usually takes me 2 days to clean it. I scrub everything, I shampoo the carpets 3 times a year. I clean closets several times a year as well as the attic. If I haven't used it or can't remember the last time it was used, off to the goodwill it goes.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

I am taking a week off later in the summer to do lots of deep house cleaning. I have a feeling lots is going to the Goodwill.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 AM

I would like to clean out every drawer and closet and get rid of almost ALL OF IT!! I just don't want the "things" around me. If I could get out from under this house that I couldn't even sell for what I owe, I think I would move into a loft with one huge room, spare furnishings, with a huge area just for my sewing/quilting stuff. All perfectly organized and out of site, of course!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

I really need to do that too!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM

I'm feeling really closed in. Even though it's a 5-bedroom house, the bedrooms are fairly small except for the master bedroom. I feel cramped in my sewing room, really cramped in the room with my long arm, really cramped in my home office. I want some clear SPACE!! I have talked to my son, who is a union carpenter, about turning the 3 bedrooms on one side of the hallway into two larger rooms.