Clematis Are in Full Bloom

Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 PM

SOOOO PRETTY!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

OOOhhhhhh pretty Tisha! I love all the Clematis shown on the thread and the Hibiscus too!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Tisha--those are absolutely gorgeous. I do not think they would grow in the heat and humidity here--but I might be willing to try once. :D

RedGarnet-your flowers are beautiful too. And thanks for the link to all of the names.

Penny-your hibiscus is pretty too--it looks HUGE.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:05 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by Marcia
Tisha--those are absolutely gorgeous. I do not think they would grow in the heat and humidity here--but I might be willing to try once. :D

RedGarnet-your flowers are beautiful too. And thanks for the link to all of the names.

Penny-your hibiscus is pretty too--it looks HUGE.
Thanks Marci, grown in a pot, this is second season and the flowers were the size of a salad plate.
When I lived in NY I tried Clematis but never had any luck. It is too hot here to even try to grow them.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
OOOhhhhhh pretty Tisha! I love all the Clematis shown on the thread and the Hibiscus too!
Thanks for the compliment SandPat. Tishas Clematis are amazing.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:21 PM

Omg! I am soooo jealous!:)We use to have a little man that lived across from us when we were living in the city...his 'Big' clematis was amazing every year...and, ever since...I have tried to grow one. Right now I have a sprig...yes, a 'sprig' of one that is no larger around then a string..I keep babying it along, even put better potting soil w/nutrients around it...I keep hoping!!LOL Skeat
Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Don't you just love her pink ones? Yummy! I wish I had one. No room for any more sadly. Beautiful tisha.

Your very welcome marcia. I enjoy that site very much.

I have to tell you girls a little trick about clematis. They need full sun and shaded roots and something to grow up onto as they get bigger. They love compost as food and lots of watering. I have shaded the roots with rocks to start mine, or a broken shard from a pot, even a few inches of compost works if you get it deep enough. There are all zones for clematis, just make sure your clematis you buy is good for your zone.

Sorry if I jumped in here, but so many people were wanting to grow them and were having trouble.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Don't you just love her pink ones? Yummy! I wish I had one. No room for any more sadly. Beautiful tisha.

I have to tell you girls a little trick about clematis. They need full sun and shaded roots and something to grow up onto as they get bigger. They love compost as food and lots of watering. I have shaded the roots with rocks to start mine, or a broken shard from a pot, even a few inches of compost works if you get it deep enough. There are all zones for clematis, just make sure your clematis you buy is good for your zone.

Sorry if I jumped in here, but so many people were wanting to grow them and were having trouble.
Thank you! I may try one more time this year!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222

Thanks for the information Red. Here in Mendoza the weather is like southern CA. I am right at the foot of the Andes Mountains so even though it gets hot here in the summer we have cool winters. Maybe they have one for this climate. I have a gardening place I go to so I will show her a picture of Tishas and see if she knows if we do or not. Great tips, thanks again.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 PM

Tisha... Lovely ... I visited London in 1994 and I loved all the beautiful pots of flowers that sat by the steps of some of the down stairs apartments. The parks were gorgeous too. When I was there all the daffodils were in bloom ~ so beautiful. I've got an email friend in Harwell, Oxon, we've been writting back and forth sense 2000 when the Y2K swaps began. I loved my visit and would love to return some day... But lots and lots of walking ...